GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Speaker and amp install?

I have always dont stuff like this to my other cars with no problem. Someone told me I cannot do this.
    Can I add a sub and amp to my stock radio?
    If not, Why not?
    What is the difference between this and other cars/trucks?
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

It would help if you stated what year/model/stereo related options your truck has.

But in general that someone lied to you. You can certainly add speakers and amps to a new GM truck. I have a stack of them in my floor that I'm getting ready to install in my 09 Avalanche. And there are plenty of others on here who have installed systems in their new trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by dobey View Post
    It would help if you stated what year/model/stereo related options your truck has.

But in general that someone lied to you. You can certainly add speakers and amps to a new GM truck. I have a stack of them in my floor that I'm getting ready to install in my 09 Avalanche. And there are plenty of others on here who have installed systems in their new trucks.
    08 Silverado 1500 WT, stock CD radio w/Sirius

i have a amp and subs connected to stock stereo only bad thing is the power i run for my amp is ran off my main power i brought in from the battery to the amp. have it on a switch with a fuse. reason why i did this is because i could not find a wire behind the stereo that was strong enough to power my amp on. ive heard of ppl splicing in to a wire that comes from the brakes but i figured ide just run it this way till i get my double din dvd . so far its worked great besided the few times i forget to turn the switch off and it kills my battery lol. good luck with the install!

I have a stereo capacitor too..? @gabethesvg I have never put a switch in before?

Quote Originally Posted by Curky View Post
    I have a stereo capacitor too..? @gabethesvg I have never put a switch in before?

curky, its simple just go down to shucks or auto zone or whatever you have and get a relay switch similar to what they use for fog lights . package should list which way the switch should be wired in , its really simple pretty sure its just a power and ground, that splices in to the power wire you will run to your amp or remote wire.if you want i can take some pics if need but its really simple

PAC is your friend.

They have the adapters to install a amp/sub to your factory HU without cutting/splicing any factory wiring.

http://www.pac-audio.com/productSear...2008&YearId=19

Double check but this might be the one you need.
    http://www.pac-audio.com/productDeta...&CategoryID=28

no need for pictures but thank you. I know it it easy. I just never done that before that all I was saying. If I have time this weekend, I will just do it. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Curky View Post
    no need for pictures but thank you. I know it it easy. I just never done that before that all I was saying. If I have time this weekend, I will just do it. Thank you
    for sure man i know how much of a pain it was to figure out that damn remote wire lol. good luck with the install man let me know if i can be of anymore help.

Read more: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...#ixzz29kyFWlyB

If this is to me, those are links to a location you can buy the parts needed not picutres.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by