GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Changing the leaf springs?

I have a 2/4 drop on my 07 silverado I'm planning on replacing the front struts and springs with belltech and was wondering about the leaf springs I see belltech has a 4in drop leaf spring which I assume would be better do to the pressure my stock is having right now. Has anyone done this before and if it's a good idea? The rear also has been replaced with belltech shocks.

i havent worked with much when it comes to lowering trucks, but if you havent already got one, there are several companies that sell rear spring shackles that are longer, providing a drop in ride height, these are relatively simple to put in aswell.

Hope this info was helpful

Im not sure what pressure you might be refering to the only real change youve made with longer shackles is a change of angle that only slightly increased leverage on the leaf springs. One issue with using lowering leaf springs is they get the lower stance by flatening the springs or giving them a negative arch which causes them to have a much rougher ride than factory. For a smooth soft ride you need some positive arch on the leaf springs.

it was this kit http://djmsuspension.com/products/djm2507-24/ a flip kit and it puts some pressure on the stock leaf springs. I already replaced the rear shocks but you can look at the springs and see that the end of the leaf spring looks off just a bit.

another option would be to flip the axle so its sitting on top of the springs.this usually requires notching the frame tho