GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Jr. Mechanic

Default accident last nite

I was on my way to work last nite when i can around a curve to hit a downed power line that was knocked down by another person that flipped and rolled their car just minutes before i came through. Lucky the person was ok. Just banged up and was taken away in the ambulance just as a precaution. I had turned back around to warn on coming traffic with my flashers on in the middle of the road. Thats when i noticed my drivers side mirror was shattered and i saw i had big smudges from the power line hitting the windshield. I hung around to get my incident report for my insurance. I had heard about there being a fluid in those mirrors that could ruin paint and plastic. I didnt see anything leaking so i took off to work. When i got off i inspected for futher damage and saw that stuff had sprayed all down the side of my truck ....paint, window, cladding. I took it straight to my body shop. And he insisted i take it to a local guy that does detailing and have him start work on it now. I am so glad i did it saved my paint and my cladding. Here i was worried about my truck when my friends and family informs me that i could have gotten killed by the power lines last nite. Thank God he was taking care of me to let me come back home safe to my family!

I wanted to inform others that have auto dimming mirror if uyou have one to break remove it as soon as possible before and dont drive like i did qith it busted because you dont see it leaking.
    thanks
    God bless!
    2003 Avalanche 4x4 with cladding 110k miles +, K&N stock replacement air filter, Skyjacker 8000 shocks, Hawks LTS pads, Summit Racing brand drilled and sloted rotors, Sylvania ZXE high & low beams, leveling kit, 285/70/r17 Michelin M/S

That's lame that your truck was harmed but I'm glad no one was hurt.

Thank God that the people involved are okay.

Sincere thanks for the tip about the monochromatic mirrors. My wife has them on her Bravada. It's in pristine condition and we wouldn't want something like a broken mirror to ruin the finish.

HHR SS_________________The Heritage Hot Rod