GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Sr. Apprentice

Default shaking over 60mph

what would cause a shaking over 60mph? new tires and alingment less than 800 miles ago, feels like the whole truck vibrates not just front steering wheel stays straght and no wobble if i let it go . and seems to smooth out a little at or over 70 mph. its a 04 tahoe z71

could be u-joints, front wheel bearing, CV shaft, Front diff issue. If it feels like the entire truck is shaking I would say possible ujoint

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Google videos for "death wobble"
    theres one of a green jeep........ if this is what you have, then your suspension is shot. virtually all of it.
    you need all new bushings, inkage, and shocks....
    how many miles are on the truck? does it have a lift?
    Gas was $1.83 when Obama took office.....

Sr. Apprentice

Start with the basics, have your tires checked to see if they are out of round, Which I doubt is the trouble. The have all four tires rebalanced. That will probably cure your problem. If it doesn't then you are looking at a driveline issue.

yeah, alignment, well balanced AND well wearing tires. good CHARGED shocks and also dont forget that torsion bars sag after a while, so maybe turn your keys a little bit.
    then we can look at steeing
    then axles
    then bushings
    (by CHARGED shocks, i mean; you hold it in your hand and it strongly expands and is difficult to push back down