GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Diablo Programmer and Airaid Jr.

Hello All,
    I have ordered the Diablo Programmer and the Airaid Jr. and impatiently awaiting its arrival, I am getting 12.8 to 13.8 intown driving and no better than 15 on highway, i am of course striving for 15 in town and 18 on the highway,, in know this is not a prius, and I did the calculations and I would break even and start saving boocoos of mula if I traded my hoe for a prius in 41 months, however i love my hoe and until gas gets to $5 per gallon i am gonna keep on keepin on... but i want to increase performance and gas mileage.. so I am interested in all who have used the Diablo and what there experiences have been.
    Nath

I have a diablo in tune and it's the best tuner I've had on a vehicle aside from hs blackmaxx my dad has on his desiel. Diablo makes the best gasser tuners out there bout to have my cobras switched to trinitys
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

I thought when you increase horsepower you also loose MPG.

what am I missing?
    "The only person who is educated is the one who has learned how to learn and change."

Carl Rogers

2004 GMC Yukon, 4X4 SLT, 5.3L Vortex, leather interior...

Trail Master 2.5" leveling kit, Skyjacker shocks up front, EGR 1.25" Fender Flares

Putco Punch Grille Insert, gamut of Putco chrome accesories, IPCW chrome/clear taillights, velour dash cover by CoverKing

Running on 265/70/17 Cooper Discover AT3's

The tune is made for increase in power wwhile focusing on fuel economy.
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Quote Originally Posted by AA1PR View Post
    I thought when you increase horsepower you also loose MPG.

what am I missing?
    You are correct to a degree. There is typically a happy medium which the stock programming from GM does not reach, so you can tweak the program with a tuner to get a small HP boost while improving MPG's to a point. Past that point...... its all power and the MPG's go down.

But it also depends on how you drive. If you re-program with tuner and have a lead foot, then yes, any MPG gain you would have had is gone

Quote Originally Posted by nakranij View Post
    You are correct to a degree. There is typically a happy medium which the stock programming from GM does not reach, so you can tweak the program with a tuner to get a small HP boost while improving MPG's to a point. Past that point...... its all power and the MPG's go down.

But it also depends on how you drive. If you re-program with tuner and have a lead foot, then yes, any MPG gain you would have had is gone

One of my friends last year reprogrammed my Yukon for me. I can squeal the tires if I really get after it.
    however my MPG now sucks, I would prefer the original tune now a year later
    "The only person who is educated is the one who has learned how to learn and change."

Carl Rogers

2004 GMC Yukon, 4X4 SLT, 5.3L Vortex, leather interior...

Trail Master 2.5" leveling kit, Skyjacker shocks up front, EGR 1.25" Fender Flares

Putco Punch Grille Insert, gamut of Putco chrome accesories, IPCW chrome/clear taillights, velour dash cover by CoverKing

Running on 265/70/17 Cooper Discover AT3's

Well I got my tuner and yes it gives me 1.2 to 1.6 better mileage and baby did it wake this hoe up!!! whoooohoooo!!!! I am in love, you can tweek everything, spark advance, shift pionts, (I put it to hard shift and it shifted so hard from 1 to 2nd it knocked my balls into my bunghole) im not kidding, it was so hard it felt like it would damage my transmission. but baby, i can tell it what size tire is on it and it will adjust, just for fun i told it that it had 315s when im really running 285s and you would not believe the torque!!! awesome for trail riding, you want to go more that 100mph, no problem you can deactivate the limiter. it is just amazing what you can do with this thing, but alas I tuned it for boring economy and now i am enjoying the fruits of my labor, hahahah no kidding this thing is expensive, but if you are lifting and going up on tire size or lowering and going down, this bad boy is a must.... now to save up for a Borla, Corsa, Flowmaster or magnaflow..... any suggestions?

Nath aka Tahoe Tater
    Nath aka Tahoe Tater

Quote Originally Posted by Nath View Post
    Well I got my tuner and yes it gives me 1.2 to 1.6 better mileage and baby did it wake this hoe up!!! whoooohoooo!!!! I am in love, you can tweek everything, spark advance, shift pionts, (I put it to hard shift and it shifted so hard from 1 to 2nd it knocked my balls into my bunghole) im not kidding, it was so hard it felt like it would damage my transmission. but baby, i can tell it what size tire is on it and it will adjust, just for fun i told it that it had 315s when im really running 285s and you would not believe the torque!!! awesome for trail riding, you want to go more that 100mph, no problem you can deactivate the limiter. it is just amazing what you can do with this thing, but alas I tuned it for boring economy and now i am enjoying the fruits of my labor, hahahah no kidding this thing is expensive, but if you are lifting and going up on tire size or lowering and going down, this bad boy is a must.... now to save up for a Borla, Corsa, Flowmaster or magnaflow..... any suggestions?

Nath aka Tahoe Tater
    That is good to hear. I am overall happy with my diablo tuner also, just a few minor issues here an there.

Ok guys, I went to local shop and had a flowmaster 4244 installed in place of the stock muffler and it sounds a little better, but i am thinking about buying the SLP resonator removal/replacement that gets you a straight pipe in place of the stock resonator and two tip outlet which looks alot like the corsa, I have listened to them on youtube and without any xhange to system other than this mod, is sounds pretty good, so I am thinking with the flowmaster that I have already put on, its going to sound great, any thoughts? Has anyone on this forum performed this mod on a Tahoe or Yucon?
    Nath
    Nath aka Tahoe Tater

Default Diablo Programmer

Which Diablo did you order?

Patrick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast