GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by awtposts View Post
    You wouldn't have guessed from my posting here but back in early 80's, I was an Auto Machinist.
    Do you weld and, if so, do you have materials? I'm asking because I need some welding done. There's a place North of Roxboro (where I find myself, frequently) that I can have fabricate what I need made ... but I'd rather engage another enthusiast if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by awtposts View Post
    So, We know Carolina Ale House is the place, anyone got the date/time?
    Date: Wednesday, 10/31/12 (Halloween)
    Time: 6:30pm EDT

Aloxdaddy99 and I are confirmed. Awaiting feedback from Nak.
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 10-25-2012 at 02:46 PM.

Sorry I don't weld but my coworker does. He's working on restoring his '70 Opel GT right now. He lives in the Knightdale Area. I believe there is a guy who has welding in his garage on Hwy98 across street from my subdivision, let me check it out more and get back to you. Would save you a bit of driving.

Aloxdaddy99 and I are confirmed. Awaiting feedback from Nak.[/QUOTE]
    Confirmed here too. I also posted a bunch of pics I took with my phone this eve on my Garage section.
    '13 Silverado 2500 | Crew Cab 2WD W/T | Vortec 6.0 | Diablew Tune |
    (Various Chrome items & Bestop Tonneau...)

The driving's not an issue. I find myself just north of the Roxboro area 2/3rds of the weekends out of the year. That's where I do my wrenching since I'm in an apartment while I search for acreage in the Caswell/Person county area. The family has a lake house up there and dad's got a shop full of both his tools and mine.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Do you weld and, if so, do you have materials? I'm asking because I need some welding done. There's a place North of Roxboro (where I find myself, frequently) that I can have fabricate what I need made ... but I'd rather engage another enthusiast if possible.

Aloxdaddy99 and I are confirmed. Awaiting feedback from Nak.
    I can make it.... it might be 7pm before I can be in Brier Creek though, depending on when I can leave work. I was going to see if Little Red Riding hood, Snow White, Belle, and Cinderella wanted to do something on halloween but they have not responded yet.

Quote Originally Posted by nakranij View Post
    I can make it.... it might be 7pm before I can be in Brier Creek though, depending on when I can leave work. I was going to see if Little Red Riding hood, Snow White, Belle, and Cinderella wanted to do something on halloween but they have not responded yet.
    Well if they're cute and scantily clad, bring them.

LOL Just donned on me the (Brier Creek) part. LOL...... Thought most of us were in the Wake Forest area. Anyone know there's an Ale House in WF right there at the US1 and Hwy98 interchange? Brier Creek, isn't that north 70? I'm coming from Bunn.

Nak's rolling from downtown Raleigh and his return trip is to Apex. I'm rolling from the park and my return trip will be to Semora (headed to the lake that night). Alox is to/from WF and you're to/from Bunn.

I have no idea where US 1 and NC 98 meet.

I think we've got the four corners of the earth just about covered then.
    Good to go!

How do we all meet up? Any ideas? I think everyone has met each other before except me. Any ideas? Now if Nak's truck looks anyting like his profile pic, I say the outdoor bar as I"ll be hard pressed to leave the parking lot - LOL!!!

Just look for the trucks. Depending on parking conditions it might be around back or on one side of the place.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123