GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Exclamation Starting issue please help

I have a 99 2500 and once I shut the truck off and it sits for like more than 5 mins and when I turn the key it takes like 5-7 seconds to start. It will roll over but just takes like 5 mins to fire up. But if I shut it off and come back before 5 mins it will start right up. And if I get home at night and wake up in the morning to go start it, it will start right up. What could be the culprit??

Do you have a check engine light on?

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

I'd look at the fuel delivery system first, check fuel pressures for static and running.

I also have the same problem on a 00 silverado 2500 it starts then dies and it keeps doing that till i hit the throttle to keep it running then it idles low anything?

Legend

SAME THING . check fuel pressure . 60-62 psi key on engine off. engine running need more than 52psi.

if its not the fuel pump the pressure with the engine running should be 57psi in most vehicles I have tested.

if it starts then stalls I would say its around 50 psi.

Sounds like you might have one or more fuel injectors spritzing. Or leaking. When the truck sets the fuel injectors leak gas into the cylinders and is causing a flooded condition. Try cleaning with Seafoam or other injector cleaner. Remove them and clean them. Look for the instructions to test the injectors to see what kind of spray they are shooting,.