GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Default What else do you own or would you consider owning something else?

I know this is a GM truck forum. And I love it, and cherish my Chevy's...
    But does anyone own any thing other than a GM Truck?
    If so, what do you own? Post some pics.
    If you don't have another truck, but had the chance to have another one, what would you get?

As much as I love my Chevy trucks, I have to a say... I also adore my Ford. I'll probably catch hell for this post, but I just can't deny my love for it... Here's my pics of "Frankie" Don't have too many pretty pics, since he's really the work truck... but here he is...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0159.jpg   247491_10150189215732293_4932813_n.jpg   575697_4167656065766_1626673375_n.jpg   308952_10150373123887293_1871575772_n.jpg  
    00 Chevy Tahoe LT, 5.3 4x4

Yeah, you might get some grief about the Ford, but for the most part I think people on here are truck enthusiasts who love their Chevy, but appreciate good trucks in general. Personally, I love the Ford Raptor. And if I were buying brand new, I'd consider that along with a Chevy. Personally, I've never had any interest in Dodge. Everytime I've looked at them I've been extremely unimpressed, particularly when it comes to interior comfort and amenities. That's just my opinion though. I love my Chevy, but I'd definitely look at a Raptor if I were looking.

To be perfectly honest, I'd even give a Tundra a shot as a dark horse in the race. I don't even look at it as an American vs Foreign debate there considering the number of "American" vehicles that are made elsewhere (mine was made in Mexico) and the number of "Foreign" cars/trucks that are made right here in the states.

Nice plow btw. Mind if I borrow that next time the kids leave their toys all over the yard?

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

I have a 2000 Silverado, I have owned a 1994 Grand Prix, 1984 Buick Lesabre. One of my roommates has a 2005 Mustang convertible and a 2011 camry xle v6.

Let me put it this way. I like my silverado. The mustang has had the clutch replaced twice in the first 2 years he had it and the dealership needed to keep it for a week each time, but it was covered under warranty (they determined it was a manufacturing problem), not the owner.

Both camry's have never had any problems at all.

As much as GM and GM owners claim that GM has improved their products...... The camry still has less wear issues and stuff break over 250,000 or 500,000 miles than chevy does.

A new toyota dealship opened close by about 2 years ago and they are so convinced that the tundra is a great truck, the offered me a lifetime warranty on on the engine, transmission, drive train. And you know what, the power locks in that 1998 camry with twice the miles my silverado has, still work and did not have to be replaced and mine still don't work after replacing the parts. The power seat adjuster still works ( the one in the silverado does not). etc. And the 4L60E transmission is designed to break between 150-200k miles while the toyota transmissions last the lifetime of the vehicle.

Of course parts wear out over time, But apparently there is something magical about toyota's that GM can't seem to grasp. (If GM told me the next silverado I buy from them would be covered for its lifetime ( as long as I own it ) It would make a big difference in buying another one.

Sr. Engineer

93 Dodge D250 Cummins.
    2000 GMC YUKON SLT, 5.3L tow pkg, G80 rear/w 3.73 gear

Yep I would own another brand, I'm a fan of just about any type vehicle, I have a small fleet right now.
    One requirement I have for longterm ownership of my vehicles is they have to have been bought new by me, whenever I buy a used vehicle it normally only stays in the driveway a year or two, all the vehicles listed in my Signature were bought new by me and I've kept them over the years, some were in storage while we lived overseas and some came overseas with us.
    I drive/use each one at least once a month, even if it's just to go to the store and put miles on the vehicle.

Except the 1970 Nova, which I recently traded for and is now in the process of being sold and shipped to Denmark, and the 2004 Harley Bagger which is up for sale so I can buy a 2013 Factory Bagger the Harley dealer keeps taunting me with.
    Last edited by tbplus10; 09-03-2012 at 04:30 PM.

I would try out any of the newer competitors to Tahoe just to see how they match up. I know some of them get the same highway mileage as me but wanna test my self.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

In a few months I am going to buy a new daily driver. I'll keep my truck as back up but the new daily may not be a Chevy, or anything from GM, if I can't find what I want for the right price. I'd love a new Camaro but the blind spots in those things are atrocious. I've bashed Mustangs for over a decade but dang, the new ones are quite nice.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

I've gone to the other big 3 and still have each but I love Chevy

Thats a day or so after I got the cummins it got huge quick and dumps coal. It's a farm truck now
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

I like things about each of the big 3. Next time around when shopping I will keep an open mind even though I love my GMC. I actually nearly bought a 2008 Ram 1500 5.7 hemi Big Horn edition in Electric blue. Look it up and tell me that isn't a beautiful truck...
    09 Sierra SLT
    - Denali grille, black HALO headlights, smoked tails & brake light, 20% tint, Carbon fiber interior
    - Top Gun Customz 2.5" leveling kit, 305/55/20 Toyo Open Country AT's on GMC 20's
    - K&N 77 series cold air intake, Flowmaster super 10 series exhaust
    Next up: Smoked fog lights

2000 Silverado Z71
    - 4" body lift, 315/65/16 Mastercraft Courser AT2 tires
    - Stainless steel Excalibur catback exhaust
    - Lots more to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy09LTZCrew View Post
    Nice plow btw. Mind if I borrow that next time the kids leave their toys all over the yard?
    Thanks. And sure, no problem. It'll do 9 feet worth of toys at a time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalYates View Post
    I like things about each of the big 3. Next time around when shopping I will keep an open mind even though I love my GMC. I actually nearly bought a 2008 Ram 1500 5.7 hemi Big Horn edition in Electric blue. Look it up and tell me that isn't a beautiful truck...
    I worked at a Dodge dealer, I was not a fan of that truck. But you're entitled to your opinion. But I definitely think you made the better decision going with a GMC.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by