GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Diablo Predator and Cams?

Ok, so at first I was just looking to get a little extra power from my 4.8l but now I'm starting to step it up a bit and need a few questions answered. I bought the diablosport predator and it made a world of difference, noticed immediate power as soon as my foot hit the gas. I have an Airaid cold air intake and Gibson side exhaust and was looking to install some performance cams, not sure what kind yet waiting till after christmas to do most of the work and have most of my money, but I was wondering if the Diablo predator would work with the cams or would it blow first time at the track? I know the predator messes with the spark timing and other stuff but wasn't too sure if it would hurt to add cams?? anyways thanks for the help guys

JB
    Jville Lean
    Why Squat when you can Lean?

2001 Chevrolet Silverado Stepside:
    Gibson side exhaust, Airaid CAI, Daystar Leveling kit, Diablosport Predator, Deezee Black Bull bar, KC Daylighters, GT styling smoked headlight covers, Wilson 2 meter, Uniden VHF, Radioshak Whip antenna, 5% tint all around, Sony Xplode radio, blacked out bow tie and 3rd brake light...More to come REAL soon
    :fighting0040:

predator will not adjust what you'll need to for that... you'll need to get a custom dyno tune done... can try the dealer locator on diablo's site to try to locate a diablosport CMR tuning shop near you - they use diablo's tuning software and can do a custom dyno tune for you and load the tune on your predator for you...
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Thanks man appreciate it

JB
    Jville Lean
    Why Squat when you can Lean?

2001 Chevrolet Silverado Stepside:
    Gibson side exhaust, Airaid CAI, Daystar Leveling kit, Diablosport Predator, Deezee Black Bull bar, KC Daylighters, GT styling smoked headlight covers, Wilson 2 meter, Uniden VHF, Radioshak Whip antenna, 5% tint all around, Sony Xplode radio, blacked out bow tie and 3rd brake light...More to come REAL soon
    :fighting0040: