GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default I might just have to buy a chrysler!!!!

Yep, I am Serious!!!! My wife has a 2008 Pontiac Torrent. It has 65,000 miles on it. We have 2 young boys and another baby on the way. The torrent just does not have room for a third car seat. That on top of the hard starting issue that it has been having (that the dealer wants $100 an hour to diagnose it even though it is under powertrain warranty) has pushed me away from buying a new GM vehicle. Is a non starting issue a power train problem? In my book it is! I contacted
    @GM Customer Service a few days ago with the info they requested and they have not responded. So, even with the employee discount I get at GM, I am probably buying my wife a Town and country or a Caravan. I can get one fully loaded for $23000. I hate to leave GM, but this torrent has been a nightmare since purchase and getting things fixed under warranty has been even worse. I have never owned a non GM vehicle. At least I will still have the yukon.
    Last edited by Pikey; 10-26-2012 at 09:49 AM.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Town & Countries own the mini-van market for a reason...

What about an Acadia? Those things have a ton of room. I tried to talk the CFO into getting one when we bought her Saturn Vue. She said it was to big.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

isnt the acadia and the vue built on almost the same platform?

ALex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

That I don't know. But there is a difference in size.

My sister has one. There is not much room in my opinion. She has her twins in the second row captains chairs. There is not enough room behind the third row to fit a stroller and anything else. So she has to fold the third row forward so she can carry a stroller and a few other small things. This makes the third row useless. I rode in that row one time, it will be the last time I ever ride in it. I am only 5'8" and it was super uncomfortable. A side note The vue is smaller then the torrent. My parents have one and it is shorter than the torrent when parked next to each other.

My parental units had two different Town & Country mini-vans when they were buying/selling antiques early in their retirement years. You could fit a small army in those things -- not to mention dang near what my truck bed will hold if the seats were out (first one) or folded into the floor (second one).

On a side note we need pics of Pikey driving a mini-van ... for laughs!

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    On a side note we need pics of Pikey driving a mini-van ... for laughs!
    Um, Not Going to happen surreal! I will be hanging out in the back with the boys watching a dvd while my wife drives. You fold that second row flat and there is plenty of room to lay down and stretch out!

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    Um, Not Going to happen surreal!
    Oh, it'll happen. You'll be on some trip to somewhere and she'll want you to drive. That's how it goes.

I agree with Surreal theres a reason Chrysler owns the Mini Van market, Town & Country mini vans have just about everything you could want.
    For various reasons over the years we've rented Town & Country mini vans while traveling for work or vacation, when reserving rental cars my wife will specifically request a Town & Country.