GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 Last Post byLast Post by

so far so good here. power blinked a few times overnight, and was off for about half a hour this morning. internet is up and down some as well.

lots of rain over night. most standing water ive seen here on ft. story. some downed branches and so on, no trees yet.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

All good here.. Some wind Little rain Not much going on just bored at home...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Sr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Als09Sierra View Post
    Below is an important part of your preparation kit for the storm.

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Total Time: 5 minutes

Yield: 1 Cocktail

Ingredients:

Preparation:

1. Squeeze juice from half a lime into cocktail shaker over ice.
    2. Pour the remaining ingredients into the cocktail shaker.
    3. Shake well.
    4. Strain into a hurricane glass.
    5. Garnish with a cherry and an orange slice.

Very good recipe. However, having been through Hurricanes in Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas and Jamaica, I suggest you take this recipe and modify the quantity x 20. It will not be too much!
    1993 K-2500 Suburban Silverado, 7.4L, 4 X 4, HD Towing
    1985 Jeep Scrambler 4.2 L, 4 X 4, Laredo
    2005 Dodge Dakota, 4.7L, 4 x 4,, TRX4, SLT

The wind and rain are starting to pick up here in Ohio... it has already been raining for a few days, I'm looking forward to this mud ;)
    2000 Sierra Reg. Cab 5 Speed

Lots of wind right now, but still have power and tv (satellite). It's supposed to get ugly later. I've been watching the news report about the crane at 57th and 7th in NYC. That's crazy. They're supposedly going to let it fall because they can't get anyone up there now to secure it.

I went to the marina at high tide, and there was about 2 feet of piling left...not good. They added two by fours to the pilings to help match the rising tide, but I'm not too optimistic. They nailed two to each piling, but the slips will rip those right off with the weight of the boats and this wind. The next chance I'll have to check on it is tomorrow around 12, if the weather allows. Hopefully there's something there to see. Meantime, a couple of branches down by here, but waiting for the real wind to come in soon. I'll post pics and some vids when this is all done. Stay safe everyone and keep a copy of that recipe on hand.
    2009 GMC Sierra 5.3L running on E85
    Black and chrome
    Volant CAI
    Borla dual exhaust
    Chrome Billet grill
    Tonneau cover
    4300k High/Low Beam HIDs
    Westin Ultimate Bull Bar with PIAA 540s
    Blacked-out tail and third brake light

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0583.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	45191
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0584.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	45190
    Weather has been nasty here, not much rain but the wind is sure making a mess of things. Just lost power for the second time. Also I have trees and power likes down about a mile up the road either way from my driveway so it looks like I am staying put for a while.

Edit sorry for the extra pic I'm on my phone, uploaded the wrong one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0483.jpg  
    Last edited by FrigginNoodles; 10-29-2012 at 04:11 PM.
    "The best things in life aren't things"

2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 1500
    Ext Cab 4wd LT
    Check out my garage
    http://www.NStarWindow.com

Just lost a big tree in the back, but it missed my neighbor's house. The one in front is swaying, but holding up still. It's next to the lines to both my house and the neighbor's so hopefully it stays up. Looks like it's going to be a long night. No phone and cell service is nonexist. Wish I had the ingredients for that drink.

Well we survived. No other tree damage, and amazingly, we have power. Trees are down all around, and power is out but somehow our block has power. Spent all day working on the fallen tree and spoke to the insurance company about a couple of things, but we're happy to have power and to be well.

Checked on the boat and the dock survived, no damage to the boat and they have power too. One sailboat was knocked off it's pontoon lift but otherwise no issues. I'll post some pics when I get them uploaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Als09Sierra View Post
    Well we survived. No other tree damage, and amazingly, we have power. Trees are down all around, and power is out but somehow our block has power. Spent all day working on the fallen tree and spoke to the insurance company about a couple of things, but we're happy to have power and to be well.

Checked on the boat and the dock survived, no damage to the boat and they have power too. One sailboat was knocked off it's pontoon lift but otherwise no issues. I'll post some pics when I get them uploaded.
    Good to hear I was hoping your boat would be able to ride out those waves, it got pretty rough out there for a while.
    I see a few larger boats ran into trouble i.e. the HMS Bounty tried to outrun the storm and capsized and a 170' water tanker near New York drug it's anchor and got pushed up on the beach.

glad to hear your ok tbplus.

Alex