GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    Good to hear I was hoping your boat would be able to ride out those waves, it got pretty rough out there for a while.
    I see a few larger boats ran into trouble i.e. the HMS Bounty tried to outrun the storm and capsized and a 170' water tanker near New York drug it's anchor and got pushed up on the beach.
    I saw the pic of the water tanker, but didn't know about the HMS Bounty. I wasn't real assured with the 2x4's, but it looks like they may have made the difference. I have to speak with the marina to find out how high the water got. I've been watching the videos that @Conlan Rose posted. That's the LI Sound which looks like the ocean in those pics. Usually the Sound has waves up to a foot, and once in awhile gets to two or three feet at most.
    2009 GMC Sierra 5.3L running on E85
    Black and chrome
    Volant CAI
    Borla dual exhaust
    Chrome Billet grill
    Tonneau cover
    4300k High/Low Beam HIDs
    Westin Ultimate Bull Bar with PIAA 540s
    Blacked-out tail and third brake light

Have you seen the second set of pictures?

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Quote Originally Posted by Conlan Rose View Post
    Have you seen the second set of pictures?
    I've been checking your thread, but don't have a facebook account. I may need to sign-up one of these days I suppose.

I just spoke to the guys at the marina, and left a tip for taking care of the boats. Apparently the water got to the top of the pilings. The 2x4s were only to guide the slips back if the water brought the slips up over the top. Either way, I'm happy that the boat is floating and still in one piece. I've been watching the news and all the boats piled up like toys. Unbelievable.

You shouldn't need a Facebook to view the pics. I might post them on here once I have power but there's over 180 pictures.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234