GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Sr. Apprentice

Post Bumpers! ~ Need New Bumper For My Truck

Hey guys, I'm looking into a front bumper for my truck as I jacked the stock one up wheeling! there is a custom shop in my town ill go though most likely, but I was wondering what the Y'all have put on your trucks! Lets get a sticky going of sweet truck bumpers! you know the ones that look like you went to a train yard and took some of the parts of the front of the train!
    2003 Silverado 2500HD
    Specter cold air
    Toyo AT's
    1972 Chevelle (project)

I had one of these on a Grand Cherokee I had. http://www.trailready.com/bumpers/gm_08.html

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

Sr. Apprentice

That looks stout, like permanently retire a Prius and maybe have a scratch stout...
    2003 Silverado 2500HD
    Specter cold air
    Toyo AT's
    1972 Chevelle (project)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0649 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	629 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	43660

Thats the one im currently running, its a Ranch Hand front replacement. Im going to be selling in a couple months to buy a Fab Four front and rear bumper tho. Its a great bumper, very well built and has stood up to several ppl either side swiping it or backing into it. only a few scratches on it as well.

2010 Silverado Z71

Kyle-USAF-MI/VA

"Fueled by Haters"

TCS front box 7"-9" set at 8.5" | FTS coilovers(blue coil) with resis and FTS shocks with resis| 20" Fuel Off-Road Revolver Rims | 35x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers | Halo Projector Head Lights by Recon- Black | Led Taillights by Recon- Smoked | Dumped Straight pipe | Volant CAI | Ranch Hand Front Bumper | DiabloSport Trinity Programmer | Tow Mirrors with Turn Signal | Cervinis Ram-Air hood | 4.56 USA gears with tru trac locker | Longshot Lighting 6000k 55w low beam and 6000k 35w fogs HIDs | 7" lift leaf spring | Blue TCS traction bars

Future Mods: Long tube headers
    | Custom tune | Cam | Stall Converter

Sr. Apprentice

If I see a bumper/bush guard I really like, about 90 percent of the time it is Ranch Hand lol. They seem to make a hell of a product
    2003 Silverado 2500HD
    Specter cold air
    Toyo AT's
    1972 Chevelle (project)

I was just contemplating how to handle this post since he's not really a vendor but if it helps someone get a good deal.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...#axzz266Y51qIE
    Those are just what he's advertising, maybe he's got some good deals back in the corner for your year truck, it's always worth a try.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Saw this one this past Sunday Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF9816.jpg 
Views:	371 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	43790Looked mean....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Yuck, Enkei. The rest of the truck lacks the follow-through for that to actually look 'mean' (as you put it). IMHO this results in it just looking stupid/half-baked.

I also can't ever get past winch bumpers that have no winches in them. It just looks dumb and pointless to me. I liken it unto a rear spoler on a rice burner that doesn't generate any actual down-force -- just a dopey-looking, tacked on thing that fails to serve the intended purpose.

I like the idea of a sticky. There were good posts going on in the other thread. If you need replacement bumpers, the ones that seem popular now are the Ranch Hand bumpers or Frontier bumpers. We posted some good ones in the other thread http://www.builtfortrucks.com/ranch-...-front-bumper/ , http://www.builtfortrucks.com/fronti...-front-bumper/ , etc. Built For Trucks has good sales going on so it's a good place to get replacement bumpers online.

Sr. Apprentice

http://www.fabfours.com/blacksteelbu...fullgrillguard

I'm thinking about getting this one, I like the looks and the Idea of blot on upgrades is pretty sweet. Buy the bumper now and buy the rest as you go, I'm made not money lol and will be doing so saving to get this as is haha
    Last edited by Marineredn; 12-06-2012 at 03:32 AM.
    2003 Silverado 2500HD
    Specter cold air
    Toyo AT's
    1972 Chevelle (project)