GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Ranch Hand

Sr. Mechanic

Default Ranch Hand

Hey guys I need someone to help me clear something up. One of my friends has a 2005 Sierra 2500HD and well he totaled it the other day trying to avoid a deer. Well he had a RanchHand legend front bumper and I might buy it from him if it will fit my truck. I asked him why the hell he was avoiding the deer when he had this on the front of his truck but anyways would it fit my truck 2004 Sierra 2500 not HD? From what I could find it would work but just making sure. Here is the link to it http://www.ranchhand.com/product.php?id=1211 . I hope it will cause this thing is bad ass and I can get it cheep.
    2004 GMC Sierra SLT 6.0L 4x4
    UWS Low Profile toolbox 10% tint front and over stock back tint
    AirAid MIT and K&N airfilter
    BlackBear Performance

Itll fit, the mounting brackets for the bumpers are the same on both trucks. the biggest difference in the trucks are the suspension parts.

2010 Silverado Z71

Kyle-USAF-MI/VA

"Fueled by Haters"

TCS front box 7"-9" set at 8.5" | FTS coilovers(blue coil) with resis and FTS shocks with resis| 20" Fuel Off-Road Revolver Rims | 35x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers | Halo Projector Head Lights by Recon- Black | Led Taillights by Recon- Smoked | Dumped Straight pipe | Volant CAI | Ranch Hand Front Bumper | DiabloSport Trinity Programmer | Tow Mirrors with Turn Signal | Cervinis Ram-Air hood | 4.56 USA gears with tru trac locker | Longshot Lighting 6000k 55w low beam and 6000k 35w fogs HIDs | 7" lift leaf spring | Blue TCS traction bars

Future Mods: Long tube headers
    | Custom tune | Cam | Stall Converter

Sr. Mechanic

Yeah I would definitely have to get a leveling kit with that weight on the front

My question is: how much had your friend had to drink?
    1994 Chevy K2500 Silverado, 454 (modified), original owner.
    And other vehicles and toys.

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
    And treat those two imposters just the same;
    ...you'll be a Man, my son!" Rudyard Kipling

Lol, but yeah it should fit. My friend just used the guide and pictures they had at Built For Trucks. http://www.builtfortrucks.com/ranch-...-front-bumper/ . It worked out well for him. Keep us posted on what you did.

Blog Entries

I thought that the HD's had a heavier duty frame with different mounting locations for bumpers?

My friend had just a regular Ranch Hand grille guard on his truck and hit a really nice buck at 70 MPH. While it did do quite a bit of damage, the guard came away virtually unscathed and now resides in my dads barn ready to be put back on his truck. While I am not a fan of the styling of their products, they are quality!
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmeh View Post
    I thought that the HD's had a heavier duty frame with different mounting locations for bumpers?
    I have read this but I have also read that it's untrue. I've not owned both so I don't know which is correct and am curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmeh View Post
    Yes, and that's why you have to make sure that the replacement bumper or grill guard fits the HD application. The seller has to specify whether or not it's for HD. Only get the ones that fit that application.