GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I checked and Autozone does not rent the tool needed for this repair. I tend to agree with tbplus on using heat. But while I was searching for a 4 link for my truck last night I came across a comapny that sells a lift kit that actually does away with the t bars. It is a bolt on kit to give the older Silverado/Sierra's a modern coilover suspension. Might be a good time to look for something like that.http://www.bajakits.com/. Pics would be nice!!

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

Well, Ive got pics but cant get the things to upload from my phone! If it aint the truck messing up its the stupid portable telegraphs! I took tbplus10's advice on the "flamming wrench" haha
    I went and got another torsion bar today and going to attempt heatin her up. Until my technical difficulties are fixed, no pictures fellas. Sorry!

I'm having no luck with the down loading pics from phone, but anyway was able to remove key from torsion bar. With a really BFH, and a few good hits it was off. Went and bought a brand new unloading tool, which made it nice going back together. Money well spent on tool, I'll keep this one around for a while, for future task..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12