GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Hurricane Sandy camera

For those on the east coast bracing for Sandy here is a link to the NY Harbor webcams where you can see the storm coming in live. I hope that everyone stays safe during the storm. Please post pictures and video of the storm if you have any. http://www.nyharborwebcam.com/

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Looks like they're expecting it to be pretty bad. Get your trucks and people inland if you're up in that area and check in with us when everything's back to "normal".

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

@donyms, As of this writing that link failed to connect to anything. This also begs the question of whether the cam at that link has redundant power and, if so, how much of it? (The power in the northeastern U.S. seems to go out anytime someone sneezes, let alone 85mph winds...)

I still have power and usually since I live right by the water I lose it before anyone else. Here's a link to the local power company's outage numbers and map.
    #'s: http://www.uinet.com/wps/portal/uine...vZ0FBIS9nQSEh/
    map: http://www.uinet.com/wps/portal/uine...vZ0FBIS9nQSEh/

I will post pics throughout the storm. I live on west side of Milford.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

well, as of 9:30 a.m. central time the link is working great here. Don't know why it doesn't work for you but the link is fine I just went on it again. @SurrealOne try it again when you get a chance and let me know if you got it or not. I have seen this link used on ABC and other big networks so it should stay up at least until Sandy takes it out.

@donyms, it's still dead as a doornail, here. I've tried two different browsers, too, and neither can open that site -- both time out. I also can't hit it from my work connection (on a completely different machine) which, right now, is direct to a locality near Boston, MA. (It times out via that connection as well...)

S, my girlfriend and I are using firefox. When she tried to pull it up it timed out for her too but all she did was hit the button that says try again and it came right up. There is probably allot of traffic on that web cam now, I am sorry if it doesn't work there.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...9546527&type=1

Pictures from the beach by me. Will post my videos soon.

The link doesn't work for me either. My ISP sends me to a website suggestion after trying for about 20 seconds or so. But then it suggests the exact link that doesn't work.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Quote Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
    The link doesn't work for me either. My ISP sends me to a website suggestion after trying for about 20 seconds or so. But then it suggests the exact link that doesn't work.
    My Son said it is probably because of link protection so if the link doesn't work just hit F5, refresh or either type the link into your browser address bar.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by