GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by Conlan Rose View Post
    Um one of my candle holders exploded and I'm not sure why.
    Was it one of the glass type, with designs in it? We had a few like that, they had air in the designs in the glass. I may have had a few to many pops one night and fell asleep with the candles burning on the tale. I woke to an explosion!! the candle burned all the way down into the holder. The holder then exploded. I do not know if it was just the temperature that the glass reached that made it explode or if it was the air inside the design expanding that caused the episode. It was one of those 5 wick candles. I had 5 separate little fires to put out and wax every where

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Yah same situation except there wasn't any air I just think the holder didn't heat evenly and it cracked violently. Man did it scare me because I was fairly close to it.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Glad to see your OK I'm runnung a 5500 watt Gen Just wired into the baseboard heat so I can have some.. That and the Fridge and Subpump.. Anyway Nice pics I posted some myself.. Talk soon.. Glenn
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I'll try to check them out I'm sadly confined to using my phone so its a pain to post and view some stuff. I have like two blog items I want to post but I can't post pictures from mobile. I'm happy to hear that you are safe. And I really wish I had heat.... generator doesn't have enough juice for that.

Sr. Mechanic

I'm glad to hear you are going to be having power soon. Maybe CT wasn't to stingy but I saw on the news that New Jersey wouldn't let Alabama Power help them with all the repairs because they weren't part of the union. It really just baffles me that in a crisis like this they would make others suffer.
    2004 GMC Sierra SLT 6.0L 4x4
    UWS Low Profile toolbox 10% tint front and over stock back tint
    AirAid MIT and K&N airfilter
    BlackBear Performance

Where I live I will be part of the last group of people to get power. UI hasn't even started working near us they are still clearing sand and trees. They might have started to assess what electrical systems are damaged but still some roads are flooded and houses are unsafe to bring power back to. They said 95% should be back on by Monday night, I'm likely part of that 5% that won't be back online.

Got power back at about 3am this morning had to put everything back on grid power. Generator is stored, but ready to be brought back out if the nor'easter hits us hard like predicted. I will be posting acouple albums here of the storm and damage.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234