GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default '04 Yukon XL questions

I posted earlier but can't seem to find it anywhere - so here goes again. I just bought an '04 Yukon XL. It seems to ride okay but has an error message on the DIC that the Autoride needs servicing. The shocks and air compressor look fine and all the fuses are good. However, I have not yet heard the air compressor start up and run. Any ideas on what could be wrong? I also noticed that the heater won't switch back and forth between the floor and mid outlets. It was stuck on the floor initially but now it stuck on the mid outlets. Do you think this is the flapper valve motor or the control itself? I also need to buy an owner's manual. Any ideas where I can get one? Thanks everyone. Wes

Not sure about the autoride. I just got a 05 GMC this week myself. also Autoride. I have no idea how to troubleshoot, but mine is working fine at the moment.

As for the outlets, maybe do a physical check. On my other '98 Burb, when I had it serviced, somehow one of the techs disconnected something and didn't connect it properly. So vent control was not working either. Hopefully it is something simple for you.

Manuals, I think the best source is ebay.

Jr. Engineer

Hi Wes, Welcome to The Club. I too have an 04 XL that has same message. Dealer says there is nothing wrong with the system itself but in the computer. I just clear it each time that I start it with the button on the stearing wheel. I've been doing this for about 9 months and have had no problems. Dealer said it would cost almost $1000.00, to replace whichever computer is involved. Good luck with yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Bighornkid View Post
    Hi Wes, Welcome to The Club. I too have an 04 XL that has same message. Dealer says there is nothing wrong with the system itself but in the computer. I just clear it each time that I start it with the button on the stearing wheel. I've been doing this for about 9 months and have had no problems. Dealer said it would cost almost $1000.00, to replace whichever computer is involved. Good luck with yours.
    Thanks for your help kid. I'll probably just start doing the same thing. I'm not all that excited about changing the computer. I do wonder how the thing can work though. I've never heard the compressor run.
    Wes

You can replace the rear shocks with a kit that comes with resistors that plug into the sensor connectors. It stops the message. If you have not heard the compressor turn on then that may be your issue. If you crawl under the rear look for the level sensor. I have seen them break and leave the pump running constantly. If that happens the pump burns out. The sensor should be connected to the rear axle on a bracket close to the frame. When there is weight in the truck the frame moves down and pushes the sensor down turning the pump on. If you find it, try moving it around and see if you can get the pump to kick on.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

That all helps. Thanks for the information. I will check out the sensor tonight to see if I can get the compressor to run.
    Wes

Pikey,
    Say, I did check for any sensor on the rear axle and didn't find one. I don't know what method they used to determine the pitch angle. Since I've also got heater issues, I might just have to let this slide for a while.
    Thanks anyway,
    Wes

see if you can follow the wiring from the compressor. It should lead you to the sensor.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)