GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
  1. General Information
    Roadship Enterprise
    Chevrolet
    Express
    White/Green
    Rocky Ridge Conversion

I bought this van in 2009. It was on it's way to the salvage yard. I brought it home and gave it a new life as my family truckster. It had been hit in the front and the inside looked like someone had been living in it. I brought it home where my wife told me thaat she wasn't going to be riding in "that nasty thing". I took the interior completely apart down to the metal and fiberglass walls, steamed it and re-assembled. I got the van for $1500.00.

Modifications

the high-top is the biggest mod that was done to this vehicle. That was done by the upfitter

The inside is very different than what you would find in a regular passenger van. there are 4 captain's chairs and a couch in the back that transforms into a bed as needed. It is not so different from any other garden variety conversion van.

The van originally came with a VHS video cassette deck in the forward overhead. I took it out in favor of a DVD/Media player that I was able to mount in the dash in the stock stereo location with an aftermarket head unit. I mounted the player up front so that a front seat passenger could load the DVDs without the kids getting out of their seats. I also added a 3" screen for the front seat passenger. The DVD player also accepts a USB thumb drive, SD card and input from the 1TB Hard Drive media player that is located in the overhead compartment.

Future entertainment mods include an in-motion satellite antenna and a Dish Network DVR. The coach area also has it's own AM/FM receiver and headphone jacks at each seating position that can listen to the TV or the stereo.

The wheels are 15x8 American racing Bullet Hole aluminum wheels with Cooper Cobra tires.

Comments: 8 / Views: 1768

Threaded View