GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Power steering hose o-rings

I am changing my power steering pump and want to change the o rings on the hoses. Any Idea where I might find these? I would figure that I could find a kit, but I can not.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

There's no kit, per se, but you can take the old o-rings to an O'Reilly, and they should have a box full of them in back.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Miller View Post
    There's no kit, per se, but you can take the old o-rings to an O'Reilly, and they should have a box full of them in back.
    Or Grainger. They have a crap load of o rings

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

I found them. The dealer wants $9 a piece for them. I will be calling my old boss, we dealt with o-rings daily and I found the size of them. I will probably get them for .02 a piece. Thanks guys

So, after going to o'reillys, advance, and autozone, no one has them. GM sells them in packs of 10. They say since it is a high pressure line that a regular oring will blow out if used. I can get a new line with orings for around $19. I may have to go that route if my boss can't help.

I called my boss. I can get them for $.23 a piece. Minimum 25. So for the shipping and the orings it cost me $9.00. Not Bad. Maybe I will sell the rest on Ebay for $1 each and make my money back (considering GM wants $9 each). For future reference when people search for Power steering pump o-rings: the size is a -903 (7.65mm ID x 1.63mm C/S or .301 ID x .064 C/S) and they need to be made of Viton or the PS fluid will eat them. The Gm part number is 26001594.