GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: engine problems

Default engine problems

94 pickup sbc 350-engine issues

Hey guys, kinda new to these forums. I have a 94 chevy pickup that we just rebuilt. Bored 40 over with vortec heads, roller lifters, and roller rockers. When we start the engine it idles and run awesome, but when you go to romp it, it falls on its face. We checked the MAP sensor, rebuilt the throttle body, checked the timing, and checked the vacuum lines. Can't figure it out. I should tell you that this issue was present with the old engine as well. We thot that we would get the new engine in and see if that would help. Not sure if we have a badf computer or fuel flow problems or what. Def could use some help./ Thx

Read more: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...#ixzz2B4UTYZKX

Sounds like the ECM isn't adjusting the air/fuel ratio.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

YStarted it up this morning and it spit and sputtered and kept trying to die. Kept missing and backfiring. Still the same as I stated above. Was thinking a bad ECM or IAC. Any thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

Aloxdaddy99- did not see ur post till after my post.

- - - Updated - - -

YStarted it up this morning and it spit and sputtered and kept trying to die. Kept missing and backfiring. Still the same as I stated above. Was thinking a bad ECM or IAC. Any thoughts?