GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Personally i think ford has better but the new 2014's are rumored to be epic so we will see this summer. Ford has to cater to all those hot-air haulers that buy the diesel 250s and lift them just to drive to the office everyday.
    01' 1500 LT Z71 ECSB 5.3L
    line-x'd front brush guard with KC Daylighters, 6000k HID lows and highs, rewired highbeams, Trans-go mild shift kit, custom stainless duals, 3500 dually OEM taillights, K&N CAI. Still have OEM fender flairs and leveling kit in boxes waiting for time.

I used to drive Fords, and they were very uncomfy!And they were ALL Lariat's too. I am glad that I am in a GM now. I will NEVER go back to driving a Ford.
    "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." (Anon)

My buddy has an 04 F-150 lariat and I have an 04 silverado 1500 LT (equivalent of the new LTZ) and my truck is much much more comfortable. As far as the newer body style goes, ford may take the cake.

I rode in a 2011 F150 XLT not long ago. I have to admit, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. It honestly just depends on the year of the trucks if you ask me though. As far as mid level interiors go (LT vs. XLT vs. SLT) 07-current I would say GM has the nicest interior. Mid 2000's I would actually say that Dodge's SLT trim was the nicest. (06-08 Ram's are nice.). And mid to late 90's I would once again say GM. (Especiall 95-98)

Ford does have more upscale options as far as interior upgrades go with the limited, platinum, harley, etc... but unless you're willing to shell out over $50k, you get mediocre junk. Yet another reason to stay GM.
    09 Sierra SLT
    - Denali grille, black HALO headlights, smoked tails & brake light, 20% tint, Carbon fiber interior
    - Top Gun Customz 2.5" leveling kit, 305/55/20 Toyo Open Country AT's on GMC 20's
    - K&N 77 series cold air intake, Flowmaster super 10 series exhaust
    Next up: Smoked fog lights

2000 Silverado Z71
    - 4" body lift, 315/65/16 Mastercraft Courser AT2 tires
    - Stainless steel Excalibur catback exhaust
    - Lots more to come!

I think the ford exterior and interior tend to look better than gm as of the last couple years, but they are all made of fake synthetic plastic and vinyl, how many mills, I don't know. What happened to hard wood and 1/4 inch thick real leather that has been hand stitched? they sure charge enough for it.

The only way to get a decent interior on an F150 is to get a Lariat or better.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

Same, here...dismissing the opinion that the chevy is by far a better overall truck, the ford leather interiors are better appointed, and definitely hold up better, even though chevy is just as comfortable. I don' t know why chevy has never done anything to eliminate the early cracking and splitting in their hide interiors.

They did in 2008, the leather seats from there on are made of much higher quality leather.

Quote Originally Posted by buckmeister2 View Post
    I don' t know why chevy has never done anything to eliminate the early cracking and splitting in their hide interiors.
    I don't either, but when it happens to me it'll give me a reason to mod/upgrade!

That is good to hear, zigger. so, if i look at a nice '09 LTZ, the leather won't likely have splits and cracks all over, and that crazy tear where people drag their butt on the bolster getting in?? Man, that would be an improvement. It is by far the most comfortable...