GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Silverado LT vs. F150 XLT interiors.

Hello all.

As you have read from my previous posts, I purchased a 2013 Silverado LTZ. I traded in my 2008 Silverado LT.

When I went shopping, I stopped by the local Ford dealer in my area and looked at a few trucks.

Since I was looking at an upscale truck I concentrated mostly on the Lariat F150. I do have to say that the Lariat has a really nice interior, it might be slightly better than the LTZ, but they are both very nice and comfy when a few options are added.

I went over and sat in an Crew Cab F150 XLT model just for the heck of it. I consider the XLT to be the same type of trim level as the LT. I just remember how plasticky and primitive the XLT interior is. The Silverado LT in cloth is a MUCH better looking interior than the F150 XLT.

To top it off the XLT I was looking at had a $40K sticker.

After my trip to the Ford dealer I went over and found a similarly equipped 2013 Silverado LT Crew Cab as the F150 I sat inover at the Ford dealer and found the interior to be far nicer, and to boot the Silverado was $35K.

So any time I hear someone say that the XLT has SUCH a nice interior, I laugh.

My 96 has a better interior then some new fords. Of course my 96 has a full leather interior and is a premium Tahoe with all possible options. Gotta love GM.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

i was a in a few xlt fords. I always thought the interior of my old SLT was much better. I figure the Lariat = Denali....

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

I concur with the Lariat = Denali comparison and think of them in the same manner.

Jr. Mechanic

Sorry guys but I gotta give props to Ford on their interiors. I only wish Chevy offered an interior as nice as a King Ranch. I am holding out on replacing my 2004 2500HD LT until the 2014's come out. I hear tales on an interior above LTZ.
    2012 Silverado 1500 LT 4X4
    2003 Suburban LT 2500 6.0L
    2004 2500HD Crew Cab LT 4x4 6.0L - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by paracutin View Post
    Sorry guys but I gotta give props to Ford on their interiors. I only wish Chevy offered an interior as nice as a King Ranch. I am holding out on replacing my 2004 2500HD LT until the 2014's come out. I hear tales on an interior above LTZ.
    If you read my OP, I said that the Lariat has a really nice interior, probably a schoshe better than an LTZ. I was commenting on the XLT interior and how primitive it looks compared to say an LT Silverado.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    I concur with the Lariat = Denali comparison and think of them in the same manner.
    Actually For makes a few trim levels above the Lariat.

King Ranch
    Platinum
    Limited

The Limited pretty much has every option you can get on a truck. They are really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post
    Actually For makes a few trim levels above the Lariat.

King Ranch
    Platinum
    Limited

The Limited pretty much has every option you can get on a truck. They are really nice.
    Yup, I agree that GM has no comparison on the higher trim levels.

I have friends who drive fords and IMO the ride isn't as smooth and the seats are hard as a rock.That is the King Ranch and Platinum editions. Both these trucks were priced well over 50K

Jr. Mechanic

No question that GM trucks ride & drive better. My 04 F250 Lariat was, IMHO, much nicer and functional inside than my 04 2500HD. I test drove an 08 F250 King Ranch. I didn't find the seats to be overly stiff. Stiffer than my Chevy but not as stiff as the wife's Mercedes. The rest of the interior was beautiful. The plastic bits were high quality and felt good. The fake wood even looked good. The 2014 GMs should have an available upscale interior for those of us that like that sort of thing.

I feel that chevy has the most comfortable seats in the older body style (up to 06) but the new seats such as in my 07 do provide good support. I will say that the body style around 02 for ford(more rounded) that had the king ranch edition was like riding on a lazy boy...argueably the best truck seat Ive ever sat in. but I was never a fan of the tan duel color on the exterior of the vehicle.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast