GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default Daily driver and hunting rig help

I have a 2004 Chevy Avalanche z66 with all the cladding on it. It is my daily driver and is all stock and I am a avid hunter and fisherman, I also do a lot of camping. "real camping, no travel trailer or RV, no electricity only water, sleep in a tent with just a sleeping bag.

Here lately I have been doing a lot of varmint, coyote, and hog hunting here lately. "Varmint are small animals like skunks, raccoon's, foxes, etc. I do a lot of off roading and am wanting to do a lot of mods to my truck but not sure what type of products I really need and I don't have very much experience with mods. I am only 19 and don't have that much money to spend on name brands.

I hope I'm not asking for to much help but I really have no clue what products are good since there are so many out there and lots of them are there just for the money.

List of mods I am wanting to do to my truck.
    New headlights for maximum coverage.
    Lift and leveling kit.
    Rims and wheels. Hoping to get BF Good-wrench all terrain tires
    New Fog lights for maximum coverage and on while on High Beams, saw a thread about this the other day.
    K&N filters
    A deep but not to loud exhaust.
    Some type of brush guard/ranch hand/ bull bumper so I can push down small trees without worry.

They keep saying the right person will come. I think mine is my truck.

"No offense" means "I'm about to insult you,but don't get mad."

I am having a hard time trying to figure out exactly what to tell you.

Most quality products (name brands) will be a little costly, and most inexpensive products may not be of a higher quality...but notice that I did not say ALL.

If you constantly search the internet, you may come across a quality name brand product for a discounted price...you just have to have patience and enough time to search around.

Sometimes, if the product you are looking for is mainly for looks, and not being used roughly, or on a constant bases, an off-brand at a lower cost may work for you.

For instance, I have been looking at a bull bar to use on my truck for mainly looks. I don't plan on bashing into things, or go off-roading with it, so I am not looking to spend a lot. What I have so far is one made by Hunter truck accessories (www.truckgeardirect.com). It is not a Westin bull bar (which I would love to have), but still looks the same for a much lower cost.

So all-in-all, it is completely up to you to do your research to find what you are looking for, and what you are willing to pay.

Good luck! And if you find any great deals, be sure to post them on here!
    2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Z66 WBH, AVS smoked rain guards, AVS smoked bug shield, Bose 6-disk CD changer, Bully Fire Strip w/ Sequential turn, 6 on-high, amber DRLs, tinted euro tails, Pace Setter Performance Dual Exhaust, K&N CAI, GlowShift gauges in dual pillar pod.