GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Dash filler - trying to find part

Hi All,

When I installed my backup camera this last weekend, I toyed with mounting the LCD using the knockout next to my traction control button.

I have a 2004 Suburban LT 1500.

I am looking for this knockout (in the picture -- the one to the left of the traction control button if you can't see the pic).

Of course the moment it comes in is when I will find the one I dropped somewhere... but anyway

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dash_part.GIF 
Views:	99 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	45238

I'm gonna say that the junk yard would be the place to find that... Might even be able to find one there for nothing or for very little.
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

This weekend I'll be heading to the junkyard. If I come across one, I'll try to grab it. That knockout should be standardized in the 2000+ bodystyle pickups and SUVs that have those knockouts.
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 277K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

Quote Originally Posted by RogerH View Post
    Hi All,

When I installed my backup camera this last weekend, I toyed with mounting the LCD using the knockout next to my traction control button.

I have a 2004 Suburban LT 1500.

I am looking for this knockout (in the picture -- the one to the left of the traction control button if you can't see the pic).

Of course the moment it comes in is when I will find the one I dropped somewhere... but anyway

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dash_part.GIF 
Views:	99 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	45238
    I would like to see pics of the backup camera you went with and pics of it installed. I may be putting one in my 05 yukon xl.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

My '03 had it. I know there is a 2001 in the local junker. I will go look at it this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    I would like to see pics of the backup camera you went with and pics of it installed. I may be putting one in my 05 yukon xl.
    @rogerH, I'd like to see what camera and mount location you went with, too. I already have one but it's mounted just above my 7spade trailer connector and I am contemplating a mod to move that connector to the step bumper (like the NNBS trucks have) and cut off the welded-on bracket for it. This would cause me to lose my camera mount location, so a replacement camera is on my list.

@Pikey, for a factory look tailgate bezel mount on a 99-06 model, this is about all that's around (link: http://www.cubbycam.com/store/index....products_id=12) but it's stupidly expensive.
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 11-01-2012 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    @rogerH, I'd like to see what camera and mount location you went with, too. I already have one but it's mounted just above my 7spade trailer connector and I am contemplating a mod to move that connector to the step bumper (like the NNBS trucks have) and cut off the welded-on bracket for it. This would cause me to lose my camera mount location, so a replacement camera is on my list.

@Pikey, for a factory look tailgate bezel mount on a 99-06 model, this is about all that's around (link: http://www.cubbycam.com/store/index....products_id=12) but it's stupidly expensive.
    I would have to go with the lift gate glass cam. But, it may not fit my truck as it says that anything made after 04/05 had a design change. I would like the mirror screen but hey don't have one for my truck. So, I would like the cubby screen. You were not kidding, that is pretty spendy, about $800 for the setup! @SurrealOne , I will pm you my address, you can ship it to me .

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    @SurrealOne , I will pm you my address, you can ship it to me .
    I don't have one and I"m not buying one for myself unless I have no other option. I just ordered this (link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007PN1A54) from Amazon and think it will fit in the truck's tailgate bezel and probably look a lot like the cubbycam bezel once I'm done. If I find it unworkable (due to diameter, depth of install, etc) before I attempt installation then it goes back and I might try this (link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006N5C0O0) since it can be flush-mounted on one side of the bezel...

I was suggesting that you could buy one for me and send it to me!