GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Threaded View

Default Ram Mount or alternative options?

I am in need of a laptop mount for my truck and heard that Ram Mount was like the cadillac of this things. I am calling ram mount today because the few and far between vendors for their products in my state are very wishy washy and have not returned my calls for a quote.

Funny thing is, it seems like all the legit on line retailers are sort of nuts to. the minute you find one at a better price, you have to read the fine print because they way you get the better price is because "Pole sold separately"

That strikes me as kinda funny, unless you are looking for replacement parts, why would you buy the thing with out the pole? Give me a break.

This is a link to Ram Mount's website with the selections for my truck:

http://www.rammount.com/Products/Lap...=5&Laptop-2=26

these are the 2 of the 4 options I am looking at:

Select: RAM-VB-131A-SW1
    No-Drill™ Laptop Mount for the GMC Sierra, Yukon, Chevrolet Silverado, Suburban, 2500, 3500, Avalanche & Hummer H2
    Quantity: Price:
    $284.01

Select: RAM-VB-131R4-SW1
    No-Drill™ Laptop Mount for the Cadillac Escalade, Chevrolet 2500 C/K, 3500 C/K, Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe, GMC Sierra & Yukon
    Quantity:

I don't mind the $284 or $251 for the other one, but I can't find a place to buy this that is is honest about what they are selling you without necessary parts missing (Like the Pole?) LOL.

Are there other manufacturers that make a similar product that is just as good without the headache? Where should I look and what are they called?

Update:

Well, I finally got ahold of someone at Ram Mount and I am not sure what to think, the hole process of getting a live person on the phone at Ram Mount kind put me off, but once I got a human, they apologized and gave me all the info I needed to turn the situation around.

So I started checking with some law enforcement suppliers and they said "Ram Mount"? that is like bottom tier stuff.

You need to check out:

Havis

Or

Gamber Johnson

I am still getting info on these 2 brands, but the way it looks, these things are built to last and their websites are a little more "user friendly" after my experience with Ram Mount; but I am sure they are triple the price of the Ram Mount systems too.

You get what you pay for right?

Last edited by PantheraUncia; 11-02-2012 at 08:48 PM.