GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Best Bright White Headlights?

Have recently been doing a lot more night time driving and the headlights I have right now really suck. I'm looking for some pretty bright white lights and was wondering if someone could recommend? I don't want the ones with blue/purple tint, just white. My dad's got the blue tinted ones on his f250 and I think it looks pretty stupid. Thanks!!
    Jake
    MONTANA CADILLAC

Proper noun. Used to describe ones large, lifted, comfortable, gas guzzling SUV that is driven primarily in the backwoods. Synonym for Chevy Suburban/ GMC Yukon XL.
    One corporate Suburbanite says to the other, while sipping his overpriced latte, "Check out the hick in that Montana Cadillac!" Both giggle as they wait for AAA to come pull their Audi/ BMW/ Mercedes out of a snow filled ditch

Master Mechanic

Sylvania came out with their Silverstar zXe bulb which is supposed to be the whitest within the Silverstar line. They weren't out yet for my aftermarket headlights so I ended up going with the Philips Crystal Vision bulb. They were $26 from Amazon so the price was a lot cheaper than the Silverstars. They're more white than stock but still a little too yellow for me. I had Recon's Diamond white Xenon bulbs in my Sierra and liked them; they're 4300 kelvin. I think that'll be the next bulb I try since those are about $30.

I had a set of the ZXE's in my truck and really liked them. The only reason I took them out was I wanted all my lights to be the same color. The ZXE's are a bit on the expensive side but I feel they are well worth the money. I haven't checked in a while but once they have the high beams and fogs available in the ZXE's I will be switching back.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

I had the Piaa extreme white plus bulbs in my 03 yukon xl. They were 4300K. Very white. Some say that they have a blue tint. I did not notice any. I have been told by a few managers at the local parts stores that the Zxe bulbs and silverstar ultra bulbs do not last very long. They do have a one year warranty, but they said that they come back between 6-11 months all the time and getting sylvania to honor the warranty in a long process. If they honor it at all. Right now I have a set of 9011 HIR bulbs in my yukon. They are 3800K, So not super white,(I don't know that the human eye can deceiver the difference between 4300 and 3800K) but they are 2300 Lumen compared to a standard 9005 bulb that is around 1100 lumen. They are really bright, I had to lower my headlights because the reflection off street signs was blinding me. I hope to be writing a review and comparison between the stock 9005 and 9011 HIR bulbs very soon. I bought them at candlepower.com. From the research I did the phillips bulbs that amazon sell are a different model then the phillips bulbs that candle power sells. Max lumens are made in germany while the amazon are made in china, The candle power are supposedly brighter and last longer.(same 9011 number)

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I have the Silverstar ZXE's in my lows and Highs for about 10 months now. I got some of the first made by them.. So far they are still in and no burn outs.. If you search around you will see the post of where I gave away some a while back..

They Very white True they are a little $$$$ But thats what you pay for a good Bulb...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Alright thanks, think I'm gonna go with the ZXE's. My friend has them on his yukon and the looked pretty bright without a blue tint. Appreciate all your responses!!