GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: best all around

Default best all around

whats the best all around programmer for my 03 chevy silverado?

Sr. Mechanic

custom tune, Diablo or BlackBear are the best so don't get a canned tune you won't be able to tell a difference with those
    2004 GMC Sierra SLT 6.0L 4x4
    UWS Low Profile toolbox 10% tint front and over stock back tint
    AirAid MIT and K&N airfilter
    BlackBear Performance

On my 2008 Silverado, I used the Hypertech Max Energy Power Programmer. My 5.3 Silverado went from a quick truck to a really quick truck. I could certainly tell a difference. It also allowed me to get rid of that stupid 90MPH governor.

The thing about doing your own tune is unless you have a dyno and other diagnostic equipment, you won't know if you've edited the settings properly. Also, if you edit some settings inproperly, you can really mess the engine up.

the diablosport intune or trinity would both work for your truck...

they have the most end-user adjustability of any handheld... more complete/full data logging (full parameter list, not limited like others)... PLUS, you can get custom tuning done for it/your truck, which you can't do with others - you are stuck with whatever tunes they give you on it.

I have them available, and also offer a package deal that includes my custom tuning at a reduced cost so you'd save some $$.

Hit me up if interested...

thanks!
    -Lew
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake