GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Hello all!

Default Hello all!

Hey newb here to the site and the 4x4 scene! I build mostly gm small cars for show and mainly j bodies but with a big family like I have I've always had a big gm suv to haul my wife and 5 kids around ;) last February I bought my newest truck a 1992 suburban 4x4 it had when I bout it a four in. Lift (blocks) and nitto trailgrapplers on 22's I really love the truck and it's look so I don't want to change it but my buddies both being gm techs one is also a part time professor at a local college and teaches automotive think I should put it back to stock so it would be more reliable since it is the family car I went so far as to recently take off the 22's and have it on stickers which make it look like a body builder with chicken legs lol. But now I plan on putting the wheels back on but I want to make it reliable since since I've had it I've gone through 2 rear diffs one went out while pulling one of my cars and the other was ran dry because the chrome diff cover I had on there leaked (I've since took it off and put a stock cover on it) the rear I have on there is a locking rear and I would like to be able to keep it as long as I can and has been rebuilt. I've read on here it should be regeared but could not find a specific thread on what exactly needs to be done so I said all that to say this lol I have a 92 suburban 4x4 on a 4" lift pro comps hocks (which need replacing) 22"valiant rims nittotrailgrapplers LT 325/50R 22 and short ram Intake what old I need to add or replace to leave everything like it is but make it a reliable truck gas mileage is not an issue really I just don't want anything to break before it should thanks a lot fellas and I appreciate any help

Ten0