GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Exclamation Need help with suspension. Please help!

I have a 99 2500 and it has a 6 inch suspension lift. It rides like hell! It's so still and crappy and I bounce all over the place when I hit bumps. What can I do to fix this? New shocks or what? Please help!

- - - Updated - - -

Stiff not still

Shocks would be a start. Bilstein 5100 series are a shock that many like.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

Obstetric any thing else I could do?! Or are shocks really my only option?

- - - Updated - - -

Is there anything else I can do?*

Another suggestion would be Roadmaster Active Suspension: http://www.activesuspension.com/
    It is designed to assist the leaf spring and help it handle load and suspension movement. It improves handling and ride quality. Ask @SurrealOne or @moogvo about it they also can explain how you can get a discount by being a member of GMTC.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

What manufacturer is your suspension from?
    Being it's a 2500 I suspect a lot of the stiffness is to retain load limits, shocks might help a little but the stiff springs and torsion bars wont be overcome by soft shock valving.
    Try looking at Superlifts Soft ride suspensions, or something like that.
    In this case a Roadmaster suspension wont help soften things up, while its a good suspension addition it's designed to maintain existing suspension and ride.

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    What manufacturer is your suspension from?
    Being it's a 2500 I suspect a lot of the stiffness is to retain load limits, shocks might help a little but the stiff springs and torsion bars wont be overcome by soft shock valving.
    Try looking at Superlifts Soft ride suspensions, or something like that.
    In this case a Roadmaster suspension wont help soften things up, while its a good suspension addition it's designed to maintain existing suspension and ride.
    The joys of an unloaded 2500!

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    Spot-on.

Quote Originally Posted by aloxdaddy99 View Post
    The joys of an unloaded 2500!
    That and most likely E-rated tires, too. This is exactly why I had a preference for a 1500 and D-rated tires.