GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Slow period of the year for this site?

I noticed that not as many posts are being posted and everything in the new feed is ebay parts from the parts bot (more than normal).

I try to check this site out daily and really don't see much activity now.

I guess in the US we are getting into the holiday season, people are traveling again or will be, etc.

Things are hit and miss this time of the year, usually we see a spike in august then a slight dip towards the holidays with election years being worse then other years. Then we climb up right at the end of the year and the first part of the year is usually strong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nakranij View Post
    I noticed that not as many posts are being posted and everything in the new feed is ebay parts from the parts bot (more than normal).

I try to check this site out daily and really don't see much activity now.

I guess in the US we are getting into the holiday season, people are traveling again or will be, etc.
    No one should see the parts bot posting the ebay feeds unless you go into those forums. I'm guessing you're on the mobile, I'll have to see if I can suppress that somehow.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Recently I've been posting a lot of blog items so they don't show up on the feed. But on the home screen and twitter a lot of what you see is the parts bot.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Things are hit and miss this time of the year, usually we see a spike in august then a slight dip towards the holidays with election years being worse then other years. Then we climb up right at the end of the year and the first part of the year is usually strong.

- - - Updated - - -

No one should see the parts bot posting the ebay feeds unless you go into those forums. I'm guessing you're on the mobile, I'll have to see if I can suppress that somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by nakranij View Post
    Ok, thanks. The homepage is a piece of junk and we're going to get rid of that entire system and put in something that functions MUCH better. I just need time to get 'r done. Thanks for pointing this out, I'll suppress all of those so that no one will see those.

Maybe it is just me but it is getting colder so of course things are starting to break and need replacement so things should start picking up. I need a garage heater. Oh I forgot I cannot work on the suburban with the door close :(
    1995 Saturn Sw1 196K and counting
    2001 Suburban LS 150K and counting
    2004 MR2 Spyder 62K and counting
    2007 mini cooper S 60K and counting

Quote Originally Posted by T-bone View Post
    Maybe it is just me but it is getting colder so of course things are starting to break and need replacement so things should start picking up. I need a garage heater. Oh I forgot I cannot work on the suburban with the door close :(
    I have the same issue in my garage also. Luckily the shop I work at has a big enough area I can work on my truck.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

I can barely squeeze my truck into the garage and close the door -- if I take up both bays and pull in catty-corner. It's got to be stupidly cold out for me to bother...

As for the site slow-down, I noticed that after chat disappeared a lot of the regulars also reduced their frequency on the site. We don't see GMCErica, 4x4squared, AMac, Jeremy, etc. nearly as much as we used to. Even I'm here less ... because there's no one here to chat with and no instantaneous means to chat with whomever might be around. (And no good way to know who is around.) Unless I'm mistaken even Nak and Alox are here less.

Posting and blogging just doesn't have the same cohesiveness for the regulars that chat offers. I won't be renewing my platinum support when it expires for that very reason. :(

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post

As for the site slow-down, I noticed that after chat disappeared a lot of the regulars also reduced their frequency on the site. We don't see GMCErica, 4x4squared, AMac, Jeremy, etc. nearly as much as we used to. Even I'm here less ... because there's no one here to chat with and no instantaneous means to chat with whomever might be around. (And no good way to know who is around.) Unless I'm mistaken even Nak and Alox are here less.
    X2 I agree!
    Finally a signature and Avatar! I also posted some pics in the Gallery.
    2011 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Z71 6Liter.
    2011 Outback Travel Trailer 260FL
    So Happy to not be on the edge of GVWR Over Load!!

How come the chat got taken off anyway? I guess I joined just after it did leave.
    1994 GMC Yukon, 2 door, Victory Red
    Garage Link: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...1994-GMC-Yukon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast