GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default A 85 Suburban named nessie

Against better judgement, I have taken a burden upon myself that is a 1985 GMC Suburban K1500. For the golden price of 950 I received a truck with a smoking 350 engine, garbage in the cab, mysterious letters, a knife, and a bullet hole in the windshield (going from the inside out). So this truck has some character, but the engine sounds smooth, the truck can move on its own power, the 4 wheel drive works great its just not able to pass inspection, yet. My goal for right now is to get the engine back to perfect running condition with the truck in general being street legal. I want to do this because I will be moving soon and want to tow my daily driver (civic) to my new home. After I get there I will be doing performance upgrades to the truck to properly do some hardcore off roading.

P.S I named her Nessie after the Loch Ness Monster because she has about tree fiddy. (350 engine) If you get the reference kudos to you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 664588_4410456093808_440210640_o.jpg  

Welcome to the club! She looks great minus the fact she's missing her grill.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Welcome to the club, it's good to have you aboard.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Nessie looks like she's off to a great start, she's got the basics to build on.
    She looks like she's already got a mild suspension lift and the body appears to be in good shape.
    That model/year Suburban has a lot of possibilities for building, should be a great project.

Welcome to the G M T C ! I've allways liked that body style.

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

We are the Borg. Lift your vehicle and surrender your keys. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile. Welcome to GM Truck Club!

Welcome to the club
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -