GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default My 98 Holden Suburban ~ Brought to the USA

Make: Holden (Rebadged Chevrolet imported to Australia in RHD)

Model: Suburban

Engine: 5.7L V8 Vortec

Colour: Metallic Maroon

Rims: Stock

Km's: 295,000

Mods: Holden Badge replaced with proper Chevy Badge, Some sort of Exhaust by the previous owner.

Transmission: 4 Speed Auto Column Shift

Power: 195kW

Future Mods: LED Spot Lights, Proper Running Boards, Snorkel, Blackout Tint

Pictures:

Picture after I removed the side steps:

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

HEY...... It's backwards!!!!! Kidding.. I know a guy that bought a Avalanche from up here in NJ and shipped it there. Had all the dash reworked Cost him $12 G's for everything....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Nice truck,

I find it interesting that the Chev badge is still on the grill (sorry, just re-read your info post and see that the Holden was replaced).

Also interesting, that the steering column is the same as the NA trucks (shifter on the right and wiper arm on the left)
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Looks good for the age.
    Are the marker lights on the fenders an Austrailian requirement or an aftermarket add on.

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    Looks good for the age.
    Are the marker lights on the fenders an Austrailian requirement or an aftermarket add on.

Its a turn signal, All Australian cars after 1990 must have a side indicator on either the front guard on the side mirror.

Nice Ride! I spent a month in Australia a while back and could count the number of chevy trucks I saw on one hand. That's a pretty nice looking suburban. The dash is really strange though... nothing like the North American version.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

Its a Blazer dash apparently ,something to do with not being able to make the suburban one RHD, or it was just easier to use the Blazer dash

Quote Originally Posted by TVR-190 View Post
    Its a Blazer dash apparently ,something to do with not being able to make the suburban one RHD, or it was just easier to use the Blazer dash
    That's interesting. I would think a blazer dash would take some work to fit as well though, since the blazer is smaller. It's cool to see the things they come up with for the RHD conversions though.

Did a bit of Offroading on the weekend and was very impressed with how the suburban Handled it, as were my friends who didnt expect it to be half as capable as it was.

I find it interesting that it has sealed beam headlights circa 1988... Although the '88 Suburban was not an OBS truck, so here in the USA, the Suburban never got the sealed beam headlight treatment. I think it looks with the sealed beam lights instead of the composites.
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by