GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default Lift brand and difference in tire clearance

Ok so Im sure I could dig up an answer to this question in old threads, but its taking me longer than expected. Im currently looking for a lift that will clear 315x75x16 tires. Rancho's 4 inch lift shows a max tire size of 35x12.50, while Rough Country's 6 inch lift shows a max of 35x12.50. Why is their a difference between tire clearance on different size lifts? Im assuming the Rancho 4 inch is actually bigger than is says, but honestly dont know enough about it. Any help with this question is greatly appreciated.

2004 Silverado Z71
    5.3 V8
    295/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers
    Daystar leveling kit
    Flowmaster 40 series dual exhaust
    Airaid Jr. CAI
    Tractor Supply tool chest
    20% tint

There are a few members such as @mfleetwood that have the Rancho kit. They have said the kit is closer to a 5" kit than a 4" one. The offset of your rims will also effect the tire size options also. Some kits call for a minimum offset to be able to run a certain tire. So before you take the leap I would highly suggest your read the "fine print" when it comes to rims/tires. With that being said I would say get the Rancho kit. I have used there stuff on Jeeps and relly liked the products. The few members on here who have it also speak highly of it also.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

Well I found in the "fine print" that the minimum offset is 4.5. My plan was to keep my stock wheels, but Im guessing that wont work will it? I really didnt want to buy wheels too, and honestly I havent seen a wheel I like better than my stock set. I care more about tires than wheels.

2004 Silverado Z71
    5.3 V8
    295/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers
    Daystar leveling kit
    Flowmaster 40 series dual exhaust
    Airaid Jr. CAI
    Tractor Supply tool chest
    20% tint

I am not sure what the factory off set is. Maybe someone else does. I believe the mfleetwood still has his stockers on his truck.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

yes you can keep your factory wheels but you will need at least a 1.25" wheel spacer i would run a 4.5" since you wont have to trim your wheels studs

Fabtech/Banks Ram Air |Fuel Off Road/ 315/70/17 duratracs |Hyper tech / Spencershids |
    Color Matched Bowtie |15% Tint on Front Windows|20% Tint on Back Windows

Chevy Ridin' High
    "Black rims are as cool as a boner at a swim meet"

Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aloxdaddy99 View Post
    There are a few members such as @mfleetwood that have the Rancho kit. They have said the kit is closer to a 5" kit than a 4" one. The offset of your rims will also effect the tire size options also. Some kits call for a minimum offset to be able to run a certain tire. So before you take the leap I would highly suggest your read the "fine print" when it comes to rims/tires. With that being said I would say get the Rancho kit. I have used there stuff on Jeeps and relly liked the products. The few members on here who have it also speak highly of it also.

Sorry for the delay but yes, my lift ended up being slightly over 5"

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals