GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Post Backup Camera, And a GPS.

I am asking you guys on GMTC, if you know what the best brand of backup camera and the best brand of GPS are, because i would like to get both for my 94 Yukon. Would appreciate your input, thanks.
    1994 GMC Yukon, 2 door, Victory Red
    Garage Link: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...1994-GMC-Yukon

Double DIN GPS head unit or external GPS device? If not a double-DIN head unit with a video input, what do you intend to use for a display for the backup camera? I ask because you didn't mention a display for the backup camera -- i.e. you only asked about the camera, itself.

ya idk what im going to use for a display for it but i have a prime suspect where i want it to go tho.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cubby.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	46789 I want it to go in the lil cubby where the old radio went, right above the heat/ac controls if yu can see it.

Pioneer makes several nice double-DIN GPS/CD player/Radio/display products that will fit in that slot. I may get one at some point as an upgrade for my 1997, although at this point I'm happy using the GPS in my phone.

Pioneer and Sony both make excellent backup cameras although they are expensive.
    Minneapolis area - 1997 K2500 regular cab long bed + 8.5' Western Unimount plow + modified transmission + 2nd battery + modified camper charge circuit + 1971 Cayo camper -and- 2004 4x4 Suburban 2500 8.1 + Maxbrake controller + 2nd battery + modified trailer charge circuit + Reese receiver, pulls 30' Airstream trailer

So would i be able to use the GPS for a display for the backup camera.

Yes, almost all the dash-mount ones will do that.

Check this out if you decide that you want a separate monitor for the camera: http://www.cubbycam.com/store/index....products_id=31 I don't know if it would fit in your spot. I would love to have one of these in my truck.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Here's the camera I'm currently running:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007PN1A54

Other than the craptastic glass fuse and fuse holder it comes with, I'm pleased with it. (I recommend replacing the fuse folder with a waterproof mini-fuse holder.) It's crystal clear during the day and expectedly grainy at night. Distance lines are superimposed over the camera image, so you have to orient the camera's 'eyeball' properly when finalizing the install.

I have the camera mounted on the left side of the tailgate handle's plastic bezel -- basically in the same spot the NNBS trucks have their cameras -- with the eyeball aimed down and back such that I can see well behind me but can also see my receiver ... which is stupidly useful when hitching up a trailer.

For the money this has been a stellar camera.

@SurrealOne So what do u use as a display for it than???

Quote Originally Posted by 1953bowtieguy View Post
    @SurrealOne So what do u use as a display for it than???
    My double DIN Kenwood DNX-6960 (with buit-in Garmin GPS)...

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by