GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

i have a craftsman mechanics socket set, some odd ball wrench sets, and a hodge podge of other things (screwdrivers and so on) one thing I always make sure i buy name brand on is vice grips. accept NO substitutes.

i keep most of it in the tool box on my truck, for ease of access, usually when i need em, im not at home... :-D

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Quote Originally Posted by nakranij View Post
    The Fluke is great, I have not had a chance to use it in the truck yet, but I have already used it to figure out why my home theater receiver was not power up, it took a few days messing with the receiver and I found a $3 part that was not responding and replaced it

I will be using it to check my USB ports in the truck to see what they are measuring out at this weekend, and I have ordered some LED's to start working with where I will be using it to measure votages so get them wired the way I need to.

The problem with these LED's is I need a heat sink to pull 60 watts of heat away from the LED's

The snap on ratchet knocks my craftsman ones out of the water, it has a 4.5 degree swing were the craftsman is 20-30 degrees.

I will be picking up a snap on/blue point belt removal tool next week.

- - - Updated - - -

I am looking for high quality impact socket adapters, I found this set that does what I want it to:

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...7567_200427567

But it apparently is made out of the cheapest metal possible: Chrome Vanadium, I plan on returning it, but I have not found an equivalent set in Snap On, Mac, Cornwall, Ingersoll Rand, etc made of chromoly bdenum.

http://www.ingersollrandproducts.com...mpact-wrenches

for adapters and extensions i never did find any good kits. they all seem to either have bad mil specs or some weird pieces that ill never use. i got most of mine from napa, some from summit racing and just a few from mac tools. napa for the most part has a very good selection for adapters and extensions. mac tools is the only brand that i found with impact grade wrenches. they are at 2.7mil spec.
    94 sub 6inch lift 34inch bfg mt. massive rework project soon. the audio system hit 150.3db so now its time to rebuild and try for 155db. mudpuppy is also getting a new engine, rebuilt ifs, dual 500amp 15.1vdc alts, 5 5,000amp batts, ant the combined wattage with the new system should be close to 15,000watts. this is going to be a wild ride boy and girls.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12