GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default premade subwoofer and box?

HI everyone,
    I have a stock system,which is good,but would like to a subwoofer(s) and box? is there a unit someone makes that will fit in under the backseats?,I have an extended cab,2008.thanks,Sam

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

foxacoustics.com makes ported and sealed boxes
    subthump.com makes sealed boxes.

Both of these companies use 3/4" MDF instead of 5/8" thick MDF. Made very well.

If you want some serious sound and want to be original, then I am selling my 4 Sundown Audio SA-8 V.2 Stock SPL 8" subwoofers in a custom ported fiberglassed box at 3cu ft tuned to 31Hz. This will only fit NNBS 2007+ Crew Cabs with a 3" seat lift, which I have a kit for it. I totaled my Sierra in late August before I got to install the subwoofers and amps in the truck. I was in the middle of redoing my wiring. I went to the tow yard and pulled out all of my stereo equipment and my T6-6061 Aluminum rectangle .25" thick blocks for the seat lift. It worked great! I uninstalled the blocks after installing them with the seats to make sure they fit well and they did. When I had the accident, the blocks were sitting in my bedroom about to be installed the next day.

It's up to you on how much boom you want. These are by far the absolute best 8" subwoofers out on the market. You can do some research on them on caraudio.com and caraudioclassifieds.com. People rave about these subs. Rated for 600wrms, but I was going to throw 900wrms at them and Jacob, owner of Sundown Audio, told me that these subs were the Stock SPL versions and could take 1000wrms.
    Read more about my truck: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/album.php?albumid=22100&attachmentid=42899#ixzz23b RNSoqz
    JVC KW-NT800HDT, 2 Audiopipe 18001D's, Audiopipe AQX360.4, Phoenix Gold Tantrum 500.2, Focal Utopia's, Focal PS165 Comps in Q-Logic Kick Panels, Focal K2P comps w/ DD T1 Tweeter, 3" Seat Raise Kit, 4 Sundown SA-8 V.2 Stock SPL 8's, 3 cuft net box tuned to 31hz firing forward, Mechman 270a alt, XS D3400, Big 3, 2 runs of 1/0awg OFC wire. 4600wrms total

Thanks Texas Edition,I checked out those sites,both are good!I'll have to decide which one I will buy,I have a couple 10"subs and an amp,needed an enclosure,thanks again for the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by silveradosam64 View Post
    Thanks Texas Edition,I checked out those sites,both are good!I'll have to decide which one I will buy,I have a couple 10"subs and an amp,needed an enclosure,thanks again for the advice!
    Not a problem. To get quick responses, then I suggest posting in the Subwoofer/Enclosures thread instead of the For Sales section.