GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default What should i put in my truck tool box?

I just got a tool box for my truck and right now i have a few basic tools and some tie downs and a football.... what are some ideas of useful tings to put in a tool box
    -thanks
    2007 Chevy
    Reg cab
    2wd
    4.3 v6
    32'' bfgoodrich all terrains

If they don't sing, they don't sling.

make sure they are your "cheap tools" that way if someone breaks into the tool box you don't lose anything of "real" value. Maybe some tow straps, jack stands, emergency road kit, flash light, fishing supplies if you fish, beer, ice.

Jumper cables, tire plug kit, plug in air pump, WD-40, duct tape, tire pressure gauge, maybe quart of oil and anti-freeze. I know there is probably more that I didn't list and not all are necessary to have with you but its better to be prepared.
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

Block of wood to stabilize your jack on dirt, Axe, tarp, coil of rope, coveralls.

Ammunition for a roof-mounted, belt-fed 50 caliber machine gun with paddle triggers mounted on the steering column.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Ammunition for a roof-mounted, belt-fed 50 caliber machine gun with paddle triggers mounted on the steering column.
    Let me know where I can order one That 1080p Class IV military spec thermal camera is still an option..... LOL

an Asian sex slave. naaaa just kidding. you can fit atleast 3 in there
    94 sub 6inch lift 34inch bfg mt. massive rework project soon. the audio system hit 150.3db so now its time to rebuild and try for 155db. mudpuppy is also getting a new engine, rebuilt ifs, dual 500amp 15.1vdc alts, 5 5,000amp batts, ant the combined wattage with the new system should be close to 15,000watts. this is going to be a wild ride boy and girls.

Gloves, tow strap, hot blonde, and everything else listed above

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

This is why I have an SUV, a bed tool box is just never enough. As a Boy Scout you're supposed to have a ten essentials kit i.e. first aid kit, matches, rope, rain gear, emergency stuff, and what not. I just bring my truck its the one essential kit.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

bad the roof mounted .50 cal is so much easier to use with a CROWS system integrated into the in dash navigation.

on a serious note, everyone has already hit on the important stuff. one thing ill add is a couple bottles of drinking water. you never know when you might want to have it to drink, wash etc.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by