GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Jr. Apprentice

Default Just installed new radio now heater will not work

Just installed new radio in my 2000 k2500 and now the heater will not blow hot air or change off of defrost but the fan works perfect on all settings any ideas what to look for when I tear it all apart tomorrow. Thanks in advance just got the truck on Friday so hoping to get it fixed easy.

I would start by looking at any hanging wires not terminated. Than look for a loose connection. seems like it will be something easy like that.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

Jr. Apprentice

I looked for that couldn't see anything loose anyone know how to remove the heater controls so i can get a better look I also just tried the a/c button and circulating button and they also don't light up, this the the style of the controls. Thanks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	getimage.php.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	45695

the controls are held in with with screws if i remember right, Just take your bezal off and u should see them. and the wire just plug on the back

I may be late checking in, but it sounds like actuator problems. Did you disconnect the battery while installing the radio?

Sometimes the HVAC actuators (the electric motors that move air and temp control doors) get out of sync when the battery is reconnected. I have been lucky just disconnecting and reconnecting the battery again. Sometimes the controls need to be moved to different positions and the disconnect retried.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Jr. Apprentice

I will go out and try unhooking the battery.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't work by unhooking the battery could I have hooked something up wrong in the new harness for the radio that would have caused problems. I am thinking that something happened when I pushed the radio back in with all the new wires back there at it caused something on the heater controls to not work.