GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default please help! No power, Squealing, Shaking

i have a 1998 GMC sierra 2500 4x4 extended cab short box SLE , The other day i went to the store when i put my truck in drive and started to move my truck started to shake violently , start started rocking like no other and after a few feet it started to drive normal and now it seems like i no power , in any gear and now when i put it in drive i hear a screeching sound, i thought it might have been a u-joint so went under and its solid please help i need this truck for work as i like out of town

**Moved To Power Train Tech**

- - - Updated - - -

Have you popped the hood and started the truck. You could have a seized pully, that would cause your screeching sound. Where was the shaking originating from? Engine? Rear end? Front end? Does that truck have rear drum brakes? I wonder if something happened to one of the rear brakes and it is dragging causing you feeling of no power. We need more information, There are so many things it could be with the information that was given

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)