GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 1998 chevy G1500 express lowering Help.

Hey guys what's up! I have a 1998 Chevy express G1500, it's lowered sitting on 20's. it was lowered when I got it and the guy didn't do it right. He cut and heated the rear leaf springs and finally both of them snapped in half. I had them replaced with oe style springs now my rear is 3 or 4 inches taller than my front. I can't seem to find a drop kit or a flip kit for this thing with out botching the frame so I'm hoping someone here might know of one. Or if someone knows if the c1500 kits will work. Thanks!!
    Last edited by Matt Soares; 11-12-2012 at 02:18 AM.
    1998 chevy G1500 express

Any help or ideas?
    1998 chevy G1500 express

There's a few places with lowering kit's. Here's one place to look. These are for 99-06, but if you call the company, rear spring hangars may be interchangeable.

http://www.car-stuff.com/store/?sid=...294966826+2331

P.S. I just did a quick cross reference & your rear shackles are the same part nuber as those for a 98 C1500 pickup which does have a lowering kit available, should be able to order just the shackles & hangars for the rear & be good.

Cheer"s

P.S.S. Got any pic's, would love to see one lowered with 20's on it.

- - - Updated - - -

I made a post before #3, apparently needs to be approved first

Haha I don't know why it's not showing the post? Hmm thanks for the info ill look into that I checked before and seen the shackles were the same but wasn't sure about the front mounts.

1998 chevy G1500 express

Nice. Moto van?
    Here's the link where I found the lowering kit's.
    http://www.car-stuff.com/store/?sid=...294966826+2331

Okay, I'm guessing these post's aren't approved yet because I'm adding a website link to them, just tried again & it also needs to be moderator approved.
    So just in case they get rejected for some reason, I take it you're building a motovan? What do you ride?
    Mines kinda like a motovan, but the main reason I got it was the hightop so I can gear up etc. without squirming & bending like I could as a teenager LOL. Made a hitch carrier or I can use my small trailer for more than one bike. Nice to have an instant bed at the press of a button for my multi day rides far from home, no more tent's

If you want the link & it don't appear, I'll figure another way to get it to you. I believe Summit racing also sells these kit's.

Legend

Blog Entries

I just approved your posts. Sorry for the delay @Ruffus @matt Soares

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Quote Originally Posted by mfleetwood View Post
    I just approved your posts. Sorry for the delay @Ruffus @matt Soares

Thank you sir