GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default What Engine Upgrades Should I Do??....

any advice on very simple engine upgrades? i hv a 2011 1500 4x4 5.3

welcome to the club, many upgrades you can do. all depends on how much $$$ you want to spend. here are two: cold air intake, programmer.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

Welcome to the club, it's good to have you aboard. I think as you look around the site some you will find what others have done and decide what mods are right for you and your truck. Good luck.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

****Thread Moved****
    To The
    Performance & Fuel Section

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Start with a handheld tuning device and a custom tune in order to get the most out of the device. This is one upgrade that'll pay for itself over time in fuel savings, so it's the very first to consider. Ping @06MonteSS if you have questions, as he's a custom tuner on this site. He's done my tunes and I'm a very satisfied customer. He also bundles tuners and his custom work...

Quote Originally Posted by rgarza View Post
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 11-15-2012 at 01:14 AM.

I will def look into all that. I appreciate it.

As a few have said, it all depends on what you plan to do. How much do you want to spend? How good you are at doing your own work? That last one can save you some money. Intakes generally don't do much alone, a tune is one of the better bang for the buck upgrades as the factory tune has a good deal of engine and torque management. I'd recommend either having 06MonteSS do a program or blackbear performance @JennaBear.
    2006 Silverado Crewcab 5.3l, has a modified airbox with drop-in filter.
    Mods to come:
    Exhaust
    Tune
    Suspension
    More power!

Quote Originally Posted by rgarza View Post
    Do an exhaust upgrade, either a catback or replace the water heater sized muffler with something more free flowing

Drop a K&N air filter and a non-resonated tube.

Get a computer tune (Diablo, Hypertech, etc.)

what are your plans, and ideas for the truck. If you wanto just get alittle more under the hood you can just get a intake, exhaust and a programmer. if you want sumthin alittle more you can get a Custom tune, and or a live tune, Long tube headers, and some gears. after that the skys the limit
    2004 gmc sierra ext z71 5.3
    PERFORMANCE...
    KB racing hot pipes 3.5" : 76mm turbo: 4l80e : Circle-d 2b multi disk :Walbro 400 : Racetronix Hotwire kit : TB coolant bypass : Nelson 91 Pcm : Tr 220 Cam : Brian Tooley double springs kit : Ls7 Lifters : Stage 3 heads : Custom Intake Manifold :80lb Injectors : Ported TB : 40k tranny cooler: Plx dm-100 gauge: Auto meter fuel and boost gauge:
    APPEARANCE...
    Custom Speedo : Leveling kit :Smoked led taillights and 3rd break light : Black projectors and fogs with hids : Blacked out grille : 33's on 16's : Clarion flip screen: sound que 12" subs: clerion 6x9's : Memhpis amps: Alpine componet set.
    Future mods... Detriot tru-trac, deviels own stage 2 meth kit, MORE BOOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!