GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Rear Speakers

Default Rear Speakers

Hey guys, im new to the forum. I recently purchased a used 2007 silverado (New body style) i noticed that both of my rear speakers just stopped working, there never was a blow out or a vibrating bad noise period they just stopped working. im getting power through the head unit to the speaker plug but nothing is being transmitted to the speakers. so i guess im asking 2 things
    1. has anyone experienced problems like this? should i buy new speakers and install them>

2. Im having trouble getting the panel off the inside of the rear door. i have an extended cab, not a crew cab. anyone have any good videos or tutorials as to how to get the paneling off? thanks!

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Look on the back of your center consol. Is there headphone Outputs? You might have a RSE (rear seat Enterment) If so hit the button and see if the rears come back on
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

yeah i dont have those in my truck. i think it might be a speaker issue. im just wondering if anyone has had similar problems so i know

Legend

2 door 4 door or Ext cab?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Legend

Check the Speakers next... You did Adg the Fader right?

yes thats how i found out they werent working, yea im going to have to check the speakers next, having quite a time getting the back panels off with the ext cab door handles though kind if a tough task