GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Jr. Engineer

Default 02 seirra igntition swtich question

truck:

2002 sierra, 4.3L 5spd 4x4.

does this truck have an "accessory" location on the ignition switch and also does it have RAP?

iv got a few electrical problems relatin to the cluster but have also noticed no accessory and i know my gfs 01 has RAP so i assumed this would too.
    "i dont think you got the picture. i got a beautiful picture. this baby happens to have an extra turn of speed, which is the only thing i care about. you dont understnad what happens do you? they make cars. they make 'em exactly the same way. one or two of 'em turn out to be something special. nobody knows why. i know why. i may be kiddin' myself, but i think i can make somethin' out of that sad little bucket of bolts." ~ Tennessee Steinmetz

Work truck NO. And yes on the accessory. Turn on the ign without the engine started and the radio should play without the IP lighting up.

Quote Originally Posted by a.graham52 View Post
    truck:

2002 sierra, 4.3L 5spd 4x4.

does this truck have an "accessory" location on the ignition switch and also does it have RAP?

iv got a few electrical problems relatin to the cluster but have also noticed no accessory and i know my gfs 01 has RAP so i assumed this would too.

Jr. Engineer

well heres the thing, stick the key in the ignition, first click "nothing", secound click "run", third turn is "crank". so just to make sure... the "nothing" SHOULD be accessory right?

In the higher trim trucks there are a couple positions 3 forward: B: inserting key C: basic accessory D: run all accessories E: crank and one back: A: radio and windows
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	key.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	45760

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Jr. Engineer

Yeah I don't think I have all those positions. I tried going back past "lock" but it wouldnt take. Guess I need to be going into the ignition switch and see if I have B+ going in and coming out for accessory