GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Puddle Lights on 2003 Silverado Not Working.

Not sure when the puddle lights are supposed to come on. Nothing in manual that explains them. Are they programmed with some other switch?
    Maybe both bulbs are burned out. I haven't never replaced them. Does the white(clearish) lens just pop out? Guess I don't need them much if I never knew when they burned out, but it bugs me when a light doesn't work.
    Thanks for any replies.

I'm assuming you're talking about the driving lights in the bumper valance. They only come on when the low beams are on and the switch in the dash is on. There should be an indicator lamp in the dash, too. Those bulbs come out from the rear. Take a look at your owner's manual for the location of the switch and indicator lamp.
    Good Luck and God Bless
    Remember that if you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem!

The puddle lights are in the mirror arms or mirror body, depending upon model. Mine (in body) come on when the unlock is pushed on the remote. They are still on when the door opens; but, I never paid much attention if this is because the door is open, or because the unlock is still in effect. I also think it needs to be dark (ie: auto headlight circuit on).

On mine, the lens pops out.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

No, they are the lights under the mirror. RayVoy gave me some hints. I'll open the lens and check the bulbs the next day or two. Thanks for the replay, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RayVoy View Post
    The puddle lights are in the mirror arms or mirror body, depending upon model. Mine (in body) come on when the unlock is pushed on the remote. They are still on when the door opens; but, I never paid much attention if this is because the door is open, or because the unlock is still in effect. I also think it needs to be dark (ie: auto headlight circuit on).

On mine, the lens pops out.
    I checked both bulbs today, they are not burned out. Disconnected wires and checked got a resistance reading with digital VOM. I wonder if they have their own fuse in the fuse block and if so what would Chevy call them instead of "puddle lights"

Quote Originally Posted by bruce1293 View Post
    I wonder if they have their own fuse in the fuse block and if so what would Chevy call them instead of "puddle lights"
    I doubt if there is a separate fuse, they should work through the Driver's Door Module. Puddle is the common name, I believe GM calls it side-entry illumination.

Did you test in the dark, the night illumination may be required. Cover the ambient light sensor to simulate night conditions.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)