GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Help....With Adding Some Power....

I have a 2005 chevy Colorado 4dr. It has a 2.8 4 banger. I have a flow master on it already but I wanna add some things. I need help and suggestions on what to do. I do a lot of offloading thru state parks and would like bigger tires. I want 31 inch tires and a 3 inch lift is this bad? Also I want to add a 12,00 pound wench in case I get stuck. Is that bad? I wanna add some power as well. Air intake and tune a good idea?

****Thread Moved****
    To The
    G.M. Powertrain Tech Section

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

I don't really know what is out there as far as performance upgrades for a 4 cylinder. You have to be careful, A flow master may flow to much for your 4 cylinder. If that is the case then you lose backpressure and power. You could do the lift and tires with no issue. I would suggest a regear though. That 4 banger will be working pretty hard to turn those 31's. As far as the winch goes, as long as you beef up the electrical system to handle it you can out anything you want on it. I would suggest a larger alternator and run duel batteries.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)