GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2008 GMC Truck; Clock to 2004; Disk Changer Whrs; Doors Won't Lock; Truck Won't Start

Over the past three weeks my GMC has given me fits. It all started when I noticed that the clock was resetting itself to 12:00 1/1/2004. Dealership coud not figure out why it was happening. THEN

1) Truck doors unlocked; RPMs dropped, all while driving: local dealership could no find problem but ultimately completed replacement work based on mailings about throttle issues. THEN.
    2) Two days later, while parked and not running, radio disk changer started to make a whirring noise, doors would not lock. Took it to dealership. They checked it out and couldn't find anything.
    3) Two days after that, turned off truck, went into store, returned, opened door to hear radio disk changer whirring, doors would not lock, interior lights would not come on and truck would not start. Once the whirring sound from th radio disk changer stopped the lights worked and the truck would start. Dealership has asked that I bring it in on Monday and left it with them so they can see it when it happens.

Needing to find out what might be the problem. Anyone with a similar experience. Very troubled that we will be stranded with this vehicle. Have had GMCs for years and never had anything like this occur. Obviously, do not trust the truck.

Thanks.

Sr. Engineer

I have no idea what the engine, radio and door locks have to do with each other but WELCOME to the forum and good luck getting it diagnosed.
    2000 GMC YUKON SLT, 5.3L tow pkg, G80 rear/w 3.73 gear

I was starting to think ignition switch, but that shouldn't impact the door locks, perhaps a loose/bad ground somewhere.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)