GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Question !990 C1500 Chevrolet truck cooling system question, hope this is the right spot . .

I have a 1990 Silverado 1500 2X4 and it has the 305 engine in it and I'm planning on some towing and I'm looking to see if the/this truck line came with a extra capacity cooling system ? It's got a 5 blade fan and a fan clutch, but I can't find anything about extra duty systems as say a 1990 with a 454 SS model. Anyone can point me in the right direction is much appreciated !

I doubt that your truck with a 305 came with a high capacity cooling system. Did the 454ss come with one? If so you could always use the radiator from one of those.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

The way to tell if it has HD cooling is to check for oil cooler lines from the oil filter base to the end tank on the radiator (driver's side). I would say it would be kind of rare on a 305 engine. That being said, my dad (and later, myself) had a '91 GMC full sized 1/2 ton with HD cooling and a 305, but it's the only one like it I've ever seen. Hope this helps.
    Good Luck and God Bless
    Remember that if you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem!