GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Dinner View Post
    Thanks, ya I know what you mean about reg. cabs and the lack of options but after taking a lot of time before buying it I realized I didn't need all the bells and whistles but I feel like if my old truck had all the power options I wouldn't have settled with anything less than a LT2 or LTZ haha.

And yes, the black is going. I have OEM fogs coming from GM and I wanna do a 2012 LTZ colourmatched split grill but they list at $790

So I might buy my buddies GM accessory colourmatched grill that he removed the chome inserts and put in the factory black inserts since he's doing a HD conversion
    Yeah dude you probably went with the right thing going the base model. My truck now is the SLT (heated leather, rear view camera, power pedals, etc) and I'm SPOILED, I hate it sometimes lol. My last truck (06 Silverado) was a work truck and honestly it had all I needed. Sad thing is I am so spoiled I couldn't settle for less than SLT/LTZ. Bummer.

And get on that grille! Would make your truck look sick.
    09 Sierra SLT
    - Denali grille, black HALO headlights, smoked tails & brake light, 20% tint, Carbon fiber interior
    - Top Gun Customz 2.5" leveling kit, 305/55/20 Toyo Open Country AT's on GMC 20's
    - K&N 77 series cold air intake, Flowmaster super 10 series exhaust
    Next up: Smoked fog lights

2000 Silverado Z71
    - 4" body lift, 315/65/16 Mastercraft Courser AT2 tires
    - Stainless steel Excalibur catback exhaust
    - Lots more to come!

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalYates View Post
    Yeah dude you probably went with the right thing going the base model. My truck now is the SLT (heated leather, rear view camera, power pedals, etc) and I'm SPOILED, I hate it sometimes lol. My last truck (06 Silverado) was a work truck and honestly it had all I needed. Sad thing is I am so spoiled I couldn't settle for less than SLT/LTZ. Bummer.

And get on that grille! Would make your truck look sick.
    I know the feeling. My red silverado was a base model. I installed the features I really wanted like power door locks and remote locks myself and it had everything else i needed except 4WD. When I bought my Avalanche, I wanted all of the good features (sunroof, electronic climate control, etc.) and would have gone for one with cloth, but I didn't want the standard velour cloth. I would have been happy with one with the sport cloth. I think it would be hard to go back to less than the full load for anything other than a work truck now.

It's funny how you can live without things like heated leather and power folding mirrors until you have them and realize just how often you actually use them when you live somewhere with cold winters and fold your mirrors in so nobody hits them when you're parked in front of your house.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12