GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Good Morning

Default Good Morning

Hey to all CMTC members and to you that don't know I'm a truck driver and work under a 70 hr rule ,once used have to sit for 34 hrs before driving again. I am now in Brownsburg ,IN till Saturday so anyone nearby is welcome to visit. Have a load to take back to Alabama and once there will take a few days off to start a new job with a better truck , pay and hometime. Have been driving all over the east and midwest states and been through the the cities , towns and country of where most of you live. I see alot of sharp looking GM trucks but none so far with a GMTC decal , if I ever do will tap my horn so don't give me the finger , it's just saying me saying Hi
    2012 4.8 LS

God is great, beer is good and people (WOMEN) are Crazy

Does it get boring sitting in the same place for 34 hours? Do you try to end up at the same places for your 34 hour stop? Ever make it to Michigan

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    Does it get boring sitting in the same place for 34 hours? Do you try to end up at the same places for your 34 hour stop? Ever make it to Michigan
    Yes it gets very boring with no wifi or motel room, never know were you stop at unless they get you home for weekends. Just got back from the very north tip of MI , Ste Marie, truck is mess from the snow and mud and deliver around the Detroit area often

I believe that most the major truck stops north of Detroit have been closed. There are a few after you get north of Flint, But 10 years ago there were a lot more. I am about 60 miles north of Detroit. Just out of the range of the bullets ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    I believe that most the major truck stops north of Detroit have been closed. There are a few after you get north of Flint, But 10 years ago there were a lot more. I am about 60 miles north of Detroit. Just out of the range of the bullets ;)
    Alot of the old truckstops are gone to over priced and crowded fast food joints, The trucking co. I start driving for next week only operates east of the Miss. river so I will be in Detroit often

Thats cool, ever in the Raleigh NC area.... a few of us get together a few times a year here in Central NC

So bama, what kind of truck do you drive??
    1994 GMC Yukon, 2 door, Victory Red
    Garage Link: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...1994-GMC-Yukon